Notices

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Penguinbait - - what?! The N800 is supplying power to the adapter? Even if it doesn't use much juice, I thought the USB ports were 0 volts out?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle, WA USA
That is what I thought too so I built a power injector.

Turns out the stuff I was plugging into the n800 through that weren't supported (Ethernet dongle and a USB->serial dongle).

I tried plugging in my USB card reader with an adapter (no power injector inline) and it fired up and worked fine.

Somewhere I read or saw that the n800 will provide 200mA. Probably not for long though ?!?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Penguinbait - - what?! The N800 is supplying power to the adapter? Even if it doesn't use much juice, I thought the USB ports were 0 volts out?
Nope with 2008OS the n800 supplys a small amount of power, it was able to run the usb wifi adapter and thumb drives without any external power source.

Is there any way to test the joystick on OS2008? (I don't have KDE installed.) I tried it with my wired Logitech gamepad, and I tried mapping controls to xmame, but the joystick buttons didn't do anything (though Maemo did recognize that I plugged something in.)

In regards to joy2key, do I need to compile it in order to get it to work on the tablet?

how can we get a joystick/gamepad workin for the gngeo emulator??...would be great....but need it so we don't draw too much power from the n800 and suck the battery down too quick, right?

after I insert that module, I lose the screen keyboard. Any idea what's going wrong?

I'm getting ready to start some early testing on my GB/GBC emulator, and I want to test joystick, but it's hard when I lose the ability to type

well I have been doing some more playing and yes, the on-screen keyboard in maemo stops working when the module is inserted. I was originally only using this in KDE so I did not notice.

What I did discover which is pretty cool, is qjoypad runs under maemo. Although you need qt also. Its little docking gamepad icon shows up next to the battery applet, its sweet. qjoypad seems to not be very stable, it tends to crash when configuring, but when you are using it, it works great, very very responsive on the logitech rumblepad. (been playing quake2) Using qjoypad you can map any button to any key.

Quite honestly, I just can not understand why Nokia does not push these features and get some gaming goin.

This may be of help for an idea for this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13324

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Quite honestly, I just can not understand why Nokia does not push these features and get some gaming goin.
Could it be that the N-Gage platform and untapped video graphics chip is in the works for the tablets???

Originally Posted by bluehash View Post
This may be of help for an idea for this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13324
Ummm... yeah, that's THIS thread.

um, yes that is this thread, I am so confused

All I know is Quake2 multiplayer works with my cordless rumblepad and I ordered a bt laser mouse, I am really hoping to get that working also