Active Topics

Notices

Hmm i get the following error:
Code:
xournal[9371]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem
xournal: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgnomecanvas-2.so.0: undefined symbol: art_alloc

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Looks like you're missing the libart package.
How did you install it ?

Downloaded that .install file from your site and opened it in the file manager...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Weird... did it install the Extras-Devel repository ?

libart is actually a direct dependencies of Xournal, even if it should be an indirect one (Xournal depends on libgnomecanvas that in turn depends on libart.. I'll fix that).. but still, it should install it.

Might you check if you have libart installed ?

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Might you check if you have libart installed ?
I don't have libart either. Nor libgnomecanvas - if this is supposed to be there too.

Also I got a 'Sound not installed error' on installation with Application Manager.

The app runs but I haven't really tested it fully yet.

Let me know if I can test anything and thanks for the good work.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
I was also having problem installing the app, and I also need to re-flash the tablet, so I reflash it first and then just install it with the .install file. and it went OK.

now its keep crashing on my tablet and I also noticed that I do no have libart either?

is the installer messed up??

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I didn't use the .install file; I put in the repositories indicated and chose Install from application manager. I'll try .install!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
OK, now I un-installed it and install again from application manager.

and it is crashing again. (it took longer this way to crash, before it was crashing to quickly).

Any way around ??

BTW application is amazing.... :-)

I installed xournal using the install file, and it installed perfectly. Usage is mostly good, it's a great app. PDF reading, anotating and saving works well, and regular journal also works fine. The fullscreen key on my n800 doesn't seem to work though, I have to use
the menu to get fullscreen. But the biggest problem is the frequent crashes that have been reported here by others. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing in xournal, it will crash after a little bit anyway.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Anidel, why don't you try to compile that older version that Etrunko ported for os2006 (version 0.3.1)? Maybe that one is more stable and should have everything needed.