Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
What about being able to launch the app as a (transparent) dragable window on the maemo desktop. that way it retains the same resolution. and doesn't look as bad as it does now with all that useless wasted space on each side.
Edit/Delete Message
Sure, why not? All you have to do is rewrite Hildon from the bottom up to allow for scalable, draggable windows and you can run all the crappy Palm software you want.

BUY FREAKIN' PALMS, YOU DUMBASSES!!!

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
BUY FREAKIN' PALMS, YOU DUMBASSES!!!
Why carry multiple devices if we don't have to?

The Following User Says Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
oh god. here we go again... listen assclown. this is a palmOS VM thread, and I posted a suggestion, on how this I thought app would be better integrated into the maemo OS. I love it when people go on about " omg wtf lolz bbq this is an internet tablet!! not a <fill in the blank> if you want <whatever> buy a <whatever>". this is the n810, which is an internet tablet running on linux/maemo which allows it to be whatever you want as long as there is someone who is willing to make it so. and imagine carrying a PDA and the N810 together. seems rather pointess, when those same apps could be on the n810. and why WOULDNT it be usefull to have some of these apps on this tablet? especially all those games... go upstairs and get some fresh air my friend.

and draggable. not scalable. i suggest getting that stick removed sometime in the near future.

The NIT is a programmable computing device with a display screen.. the whole point is to use it for whatever you can think of (not what use-case marketing people are thinking, they're not used to such flexibility and want to impose needless restrictions). I for one welcome the GVM and anything else anyone else can come up with.

yes, thats what I'm saying. not that I find everything ported onto the Nxxx useful. all I'm saying is, if you are going to bring something over. consider how well it fits with the current OS, look & feel, often people tend to over look things like design aesthetics and are just willing to settle for the fact that it works on the tablet, and could care less about how it looks. as long as its functional. which is why I thought a dragable app would be nice, instead of full screen. again, this is coming from someone who has no clue how easy/hard it would be to implement such a change to the garnet app. which is why people are calling this a toy for coders, something to show people and say.. "look how clever I am" rather than an app thats practical.

Last edited by kingka; 2007-11-14 at 23:49.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Can you imagine if the NIT could also do a virtual machine of Windows Mobile and Blackberry? It would then be able to run software from most any PDA company, and opens the doors for so much potential sales.

It would also increase user base of the NIT which can only be a good thing. People would have less hesitation switching from Windows Mobile to a NIT. Maybe most of the programs that "just work" on my Windows Mobile wouldn't be sorely missed on my N800.

programs that work. that's what I miss most about my Dell Axim that broke.

I'm supporting this and any other port! Now where is the .deb?????
Dan

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Did you find it yet? You have to register to download: http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/index.html

Or were you talking about the someday to be released in our dreams Windows Mobile emulator?

(The only reason I keep my Dell Axim X5 is for playing HotDeath UNO.)

Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-04-05 at 02:11.