Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
did you try to hold the phone in one hand and a little bit of twistted tin-foil in the other, raised above your head? lol...j/k.

while i do not think that the coverage is better then when i used my e90, having the 3 and 3.5G certainly is a great thing.

i believe the phone still needs to have better stability in the phone reception area, but other then that, it is good on the network.

i happen to live in the vortex of 3 cellular sites for t-mobile at my home. so my coverage goes from nothing to 3.5G depending on the wind! lmao.

but for the most part, it is very good.

but they all have thier holes, especially in the bay area. so it just depends on where you go.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
well i can't complain since i got 2000mins unlimited text and web for 25$ w no contract ... but yes i do miss at&t coverage
How did you get that deal? Through work, I bet. Where do you work? I may have to switch job then...lol. I get 1000min, 500txt, and unlimited data all for 52.06 (including tax). I am content.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I get 1000min, 500txt, and unlimited data all for 52.06 (including tax). I am content.
And where do you get 1000 mins, 500 txt and unlimited data all for ~ $50 ? Is it on T-Mobile itself ?

Dang I am paying like $96 for 850 family talk mins + unlimited data (no text).

But as far as 3G coverage with T-Mobile - I work in Baltimore downtown and in my office I get 2.5 but its rock solid - I keep playing internet radio all afternoon at work. Just outside across the street I get 3G and fast speeds on the internet.

In NJ (where my family is) I get 3G solid 3 bars all around my place. Havent yet tried NY with T-Mobile though.

I'm getting full bars 3.5 all the time, too bad I don't have enough battery to enjoy it.

Flushing,NY

Last edited by msnger; 2010-01-21 at 04:01.

Im talking about it since i switched to T-mo from AT&T like a month already in another thread . Having same problem with tethering works first few minutes then it stops. But have to say that last few days it got better pretty much always connected. But still not sold as it should be. And my cellphone always on 3G-3.5 have no complain about it works fine on east coast. So it just tethering whats drives me crazy. By default internet setting on internet2.voicestream.com but i tried all settings epc., internet3., wap. still the same.

im on 500min. unlimited plan text+web.

Last edited by ed00; 2010-01-21 at 04:13.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
How did you get that deal? Through work, I bet. Where do you work? I may have to switch job then...lol. I get 1000min, 500txt, and unlimited data all for 52.06 (including tax). I am content.
yup. i don't think there's any way you can get that deal being a reg customer. I work at a local radioshack. I'm a full time college student, so it helped me save much on phone bill

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ dallas, tx usa
I have been a T-Mobile customer for the last four years, and while their coverage isn't the best it has come a LONG way. I am also a heavy user of the unlimited data and tethering. I have been doing this for the last two years with an N78, G1, and now the n900.

I have far fewer problems than my co-workers who all use the company provided AT&T plans (iPhones), and superior data speeds with 3.5g (Dallas, Austin, Houston).

YMMV.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dallas
I dont have this problem. I live Dallas/Fort Worth Area in Texas and it is almost always 3g or 3.5g. T-Mobile has always been good to me. Right now i pay about 88 for Unlimited Everything.

MASTER

2000min, unlimited text, and data plan for $25 w/o contract too??? You sure about that?
$10 web since you just apply which mean no grandfather web plan
$6 or $10 unlimited text
2000min for $5 or $10....

Anyway, T-mobile coverage in Chicago and nearby area are great for me. Mainly 3G/3.5G