Active Topics

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I'm also having the same problems but I can't see where to get the third account... I have a talk account (evidently as I'm writing here). I have a garage account... I can't see where to register for the other one - I'm trying to brainstorm but when I click to register from a brainstorm page the resultant login account doesn't actually work there. I'd appreciate some clarification...
Garage & brainstorm should use the same account. The third account is for bugzilla - http://bugs.maemo.org/

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Garage & brainstorm should use the same account. The third account is for bugzilla - http://bugs.maemo.org/
Ok, well... I have all three now (I think!). I cannot however log in to brainstorm - it says invalid password. I am logged in to garage and talk and bugzilla fine... perhaps there is a server issue now causing an error or my account didn't register properly. Oddness!

Forgive me being blunt as a brand new user now saying this... I just got my N900 and think it, maemo and the community aspect is amazing. I am so impressed with it all and think it is such a promising route for mobile phone/OS development. BUT... people need to be able to access the system in a simple and straight-forward manner to offer feedback and input to the community.

I'm a web developer and experienced computer user (albeit not linux-based) and shouldn't be struggling to find how to post feedback and offer suggestions. There are a lot of people out there who are going to have brilliant ideas for simple solutions to problems and new features etc. but I fear may never work out how to suggest them or even realise that you can in the first place. Perhaps a simple graphical application on the maemo devices themselves to allow guided feedback/brainstorming/bugzilla entries would be a good idea... assuming such a thing isn't already there/in the works... I couldn't find one on searching...

I love my N900 and this community though, just to reiterate - I don't want to sound all negative here

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
I also had a weird thing when logging in. I finally got redirected to page where it did accept my login. SO, my suggestion.. Eh.. keep at it!

Originally Posted by misterm View Post
I also had a weird thing when logging in. I finally got redirected to page where it did accept my login. SO, my suggestion.. Eh.. keep at it!
Ah so not just me that experienced that weirdness then

I still cannot get in - I am logged into garage, talk and bugzilla but whenever I go to the brainstorm pages I appear as not logged in. I don't know what to do - is anyone else having this problem at the moment?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Try logging in again with the same credentials as on garage. Cookies are still saved on a domain-specific basis AFAIK (aka bugs.m.o, garage.m.o, talk.m.o, m.o all need to be logged into).

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany / Karlsruhe
for a growing community.... PLEASE, Admins, TAKE CARE OF THIS ;-) gettimg access is the basic of a workingcommunity... imo

Nope, still nothing - I've used a totally different browser which had never been pointed at any maemo domain or subdomain and still the same problem. I've email for help - hopefully someone can...