Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
Makes me annoyed for paying £145 for an N800 6 months ago...
Just last week I paid MyTrendyPhone, umm, £82 for a replacement LCD for an N800. As a bonus, the company has since discovered they don't have any stock, so the part is backordered.

MyTrendyPhone does have a store in the U.K. I wonder if they could get someone there to nip over to a PC World. I wouldn't complain if my replacement screen came with all the other parts of an N800 wrapped around it.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
just come back from sunderland. the only one they have is the display model bolted into thhe nokia display stand, which the staff could not unfasten! as apparantly the stand belomngs to nokia, they would not let me have it as a freebie!! gutted

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
the only one they have is the display model bolted into thhe nokia display stand, which the staff could not unfasten!
So near and yet so far!

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
tell me about it. I would have been happier if they didn't have one!!

Too add further insult to injury, my mate decided to sell his and go and side with the evil apple empire, and has sold his N800 to another mate today.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I managed to get an N810 from the Aylesbury PC World this morning. There was one N810 left and no N800s left. I checked the Oxford PC World and they had no N800s (I didn't ask the Oxford store for N810 stock levels).

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I managed to get an N810 from the Aylesbury PC World this morning. There was one N810 left and no N800s left. I checked the Oxford PC World and they had no N800s (I didn't ask the Oxford store for N810 stock levels).
How much did you pay?

A degree of persistence is sometimes needed: funny

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bucks, UK
Hiya,

I just registered here after I picked up the last N800 in the Aylesbury store (hi pelago!). I had seen the N800/N810's the previous week there as well, but they weren't as cheap as they were now Thankfully I work 10 mins away from the store, so as soon as I spotted the post on HUKD, I legged it and got myself the N800. At that time, they had 2 N810's left as well. Mine was an open box and was missing the charger, so I got it another fiver cheaper. Bargain!

Anyway, the phonelines of PC World are regarded as ******ed, so I would definately check your local store if you can... although by now, most staff will have taken them

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
How much did you pay?
£80, as mentioned above.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
£80, as mentioned above.
I was just making sure. Damn, lucky you. I've asked my friend to reserve any they might have there today, although I find it highly unlikely that there will be any there.

My dad loves my N800, being able to get him one for his birthday next week for just £40 would be great...