Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I think I'll upload a test version to extras-devel soon since the theme is shaping up pretty nicely, any objections? Also does anyone have any idea how to change some of the icons, like the media player ones and the browser ones since I'd like to make the black.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Very very cool !!

How about the phone applet? Have you had time to think about that already?

if not, here is what you could make of it

http://www.oldatheart.co.uk/old-phone-4.jpg

Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
Very very cool !!

How about the phone applet? Have you had time to think about that already?

if not, here is what you could make of it

http://www.oldatheart.co.uk/old-phone-4.jpg
Too bad the theming engine only allows you to change the graphics, not the layout

Perhaps you should ask some of the t.m.o's programmers to implement an app like that?

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
If my device turns out to be too slaggy, I'll use this one and I'll be more tolerant with it.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I think I'll upload a test version to extras-devel soon since the theme is shaping up pretty nicely, any objections? Also does anyone have any idea how to change some of the icons, like the media player ones and the browser ones since I'd like to make the black.
Icons are under /usr/share/icons/Theme-Name the icons are in many folder there. If you want custom icons and are using theme maker to make your theme you will need to follow my instructions on breaking the theme maker .deb down and adding the files then making compiling a source package. I'm not saying you don't know how to do this already but if you don't I have a guide on doing it.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Ok, once i get my N900 i will make a LAYERED PSD and rebuild the original Theme, so that anyone can change transparency, colors or everything.

Originally Posted by Rotkaeqpchen View Post
Ok, once i get my N900 i will make a LAYERED PSD and rebuild the original Theme, so that anyone can change transparency, colors or everything.
IMHO, PSD really isn't the best format for theme templates. Aside from the fact that Photoshop is expensive software which many people can't afford, vector graphics (particularly SVG) make modifications much easier (e.g. batch color replacement/shape adjustment, infinite scaling). Have you tried Inkscape?

The free development theme for earlier versions of Maemo (Plankton) was made with Inkscape, and Nokia provided the SVG template in the source package. Hopefully they'll do that this time around too, but I think Plankton is no more, and I'm not sure what its replacement is called.

edit: Btw, nice work on the theme joppu!

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2009-10-24 at 11:32.

Originally Posted by ian_ryge View Post
IMHO, PSD really isn't the best format for theme templates. Aside from the fact that Photoshop is expensive software which many people can't afford, vector graphics (particularly SVG) make modifications much easier (e.g. batch color replacement/shape adjustment, infinite scaling). Have you tried Inkscape?
Actually, inkscape isn't preferred if you want any more advanced shading or effects or anything like that. I'm still working on one theme that'll be 100% svg for easy color replacement:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/805039/ma...p_template.svg

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Actually, inkscape isn't preferred if you want any more advanced shading or effects or anything like that. I'm still working on one theme that'll be 100% svg for easy color replacement:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/805039/ma...p_template.svg
Heh, I think you mean it's not preferred by you. Inkscape is quite capable when it comes to complex shading. It's been good enough for Nokia in the past (see the Plankton template I mentioned.) I too am working on a two-tone SVG theme (updating the Kobayashi/Tritanium/Meta themes for Maemo 5).

Originally Posted by ian_ryge View Post
Heh, I think you mean it's not preferred by you. Inkscape is quite capable when it comes to complex shading. It's been good enough for Nokia in the past (see the Plankton template I mentioned.) I too am working on a two-tone SVG theme (updating the Kobayashi/Tritanium/Meta themes for Maemo 5).
Oh those trekkie ones.

No offence, I personally love Kobayashi, Tritanium and Meta.