Active Topics

I'm working on a iSync Plugins + deamon for the n800 to use with Apple's iSync and GPE'l Calendar, Contacts etc

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
OpenVPN and Tinc are already available for OS2006 and 2007.
Thank you for the pointers fpp I am already looking at/into them

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-11-09 at 20:20.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cool! All of these projects sound really interesting! Even more motivation for me to eventually go out and pick up an N810.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I see that zerojay posted but failed to toot his own horn as requested.

He's launched a massive effort to make tablet use simpler in many aspects, mostly focusing on media and communications. He definitely deserved his discount.

I'm planning to work on a fully integrated Squeak VM and custom image. Then it is up to users imaginations.

Thank you Nokia!

Plan is to actually make PROPER use of the camera

Project 1: Super-resolution sampling, panorama shots; basic image processing fixes.

Project 2: White-Black board ScanR type application. Image perspective adjustments useful for scanning books. Possibility to extend this to support OCR.

Other project in mind:
Wiimote controller support. I think this'd be the easiest way to open up arcade games and emulators.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I'll try to see what can be done in terms of mesh networking, social networks and anonymous p2p with currently deployed technology that can be combined.

Test bed: n800/gps + n810. I'd like to look into geo-location and other sensor aware networks too, how about a mesh that use maemomapper to pin point your friends not too far away, have them automatically join a chat room and exchange voice chat too? (Like a Garmin Rhino on drugs?)

And well many other crazy ideas but it's more of a combination / integration effort than a reinventing the wheel one, i just hope i can get enougth time... ;-)

I'm hoping to use Ruby for a realtime Geolocation application - stay tuned =)

DSP stuff for the most part (if you're interested in any of this/helping take a look in the maemo-developers mailing list or email me - see the website below):

Need to debug my tremor decoder dsp task - it currently segfaults the dsp kernel. I'm writing some glue code so I can run both sides of the code on the ARM machine and use gdb to remove any obvious errors (debugging on the DSP is a real PITA!).

Need to debug an mp3 dsp task I was sent that uses threads, this might be a more useful way to do the tremor decoding too, rather than the single page at a time method I hacked together.

Need to look into why I can't share more than 1Mb of memory between the DSP and ARM (in the hope that I can, and then I'll be able to write a scaler and colourspace converter for Serge to use in mplayer for the 770).

I'm also interested in doing an SBC encoder (i.e. for a2dp) running on the DSP, but I imagine Nokia are also working on this, so not much point unless I run out of other things to hack at.

Also interested in using the GPS for location awareness, sounds cool but not quite sure how to turn it into something useful (i.e. need to think about data sources).

I should also finish my python calculator frontend (http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/nokia770/pycalc.html)

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by gochito View Post
I'm working on a iSync Plugins + deamon for the n800 to use with Apple's iSync and GPE'l Calendar, Contacts etc
I would LOVE this!!!!!