Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The lack of apps that I'd use is a problem with WP8. But I actually like the Metro (or whatever it's called now) UI since it's a well thought out workflow.

But in the end, it's all about more than UI and apps, right? Right?
WIFI hotspot can already be set up on Jolla with console magic, if WP had powershell this might've been different. You cannot tweak anything in this yourself, even if you had the knowhow. My mom is only going to complain about width (not so manly hands), pretty sure UI she will get used to rather quickly, not much to complain here, but still in some cases their 'content first' is cockblocked by huge captions of 'page', why? content first or do I really need to know this is 'settings' page after clicking settings? this takes place of 2.5 options, absurd in some ways, yay for more scrolling

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Lumiaman made me do it.....
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Another irrational response. Jolla email doesn't have provisioning nor proper syncing. You just lost 99 percent of the crowd.

Yeah, my Gmail account works so quickly I set up outlook.com and forwarding to have normal email, please try harder

EDIT: but I admit it was G acting, supposedly if I set up my phone 6 months ago I would have insta email notifications, still not something WP8 to be proud of

'normal' email - get notification email got pushed to outlook, open gmail to not reply like an idiot with @outlook.com, superb solution

Last edited by szopin; 2013-11-29 at 22:17.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Another irrational response. Jolla email doesn't have provisioning nor proper syncing. You just lost 99 percent of the crowd.
Of what crowd?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Yeah, my Gmail account works so quickly I set up outlook.com and forwarding to have normal email, please try harder

EDIT: but I admit it was G acting, supposedly if I set up my phone 6 months ago I would have insta email notifications, still not something WP8 to be proud of

'normal' email - get notification email got pushed to outlook, open gmail to not reply like an idiot with @outlook.com, superb solution
WP has the best email client hands down. Seems like Jolla is following the path of N9: the worst email client.

Yeah, show me how quickly you get gmail notifications of new email, 15 minutes is minimum, or off. Like I said having to sell my already sold to G email info to MS was no big deal, but why jump through hoops?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
WP has the best email client hands down. Seems like Jolla is following the path of N9: the worst email client.
why you so much talk about email clients ? don't you have anything else wrong to point out ? Even my N900 is does the email job without any problem with my 3 accounts Ovi, Gmail and Yahoo. im not having a single problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Trolls thrive on email notifications of 'bites'

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
An email client with a touch screen interface qualifies indeed as worst email client , regardless WP or Sailfish beneath.

Does the Lumia do SIP and XMPP natively? Surprisingly I am using my phone to call a lot to call cheap , internationally.
Does it record calls without annoying beeps?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: