Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What I want to know is whether you can do a search in Twitter, an essential Twitter function. If it can do that, I will use it more often than I do now. Hopefully, some version of the new Mauku will make its way to the N800/810.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
Duh... I took the category from some maemo.org wiki page
Do you know which one? We should get it fixed; and extract the list from its current location.

I will change it to user/network in beta 2, which will be out most probably within one week.
user/network sounds like the perfect fit.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
What I want to know is whether you can do a search in Twitter, an essential Twitter function. If it can do that, I will use it more often than I do now. Hopefully, some version of the new Mauku will make its way to the N800/810.
Yes, search needs to be there at the very least. Ideally, I'd like to see it match or come close to matching Gravity's feature set eventually.

But Mauku is a great start.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
May be a daft or obvious question, but will/should this work in Mer?

If so, how can we get to install it to test etc.

Same goes for the other fremantle stuff coming out like Gpodder...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Aw man... now this is an app I want on my current IT, N97, and my next IT. Great job Mark

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
First post from Mauku 2.0: http://twitter.com/quimgil/status/3140558588

Note the "from API". Makes me look like a cool geek but I'd prefer some proper branding.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Note the "from API". Makes me look like a cool geek but I'd prefer some proper branding.
Naturally. Mauku has already own identity in Twitter. Please, wait for the beta 2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
Look at the last screenshot: "Forward". It is a generic name for retweet (because the application will support also other services than Twitter).
There is some discussion about that functionality on Qaiku right now. Forward might be a nice generic term. Like and Favourite have also been suggested.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
There is some discussion about that functionality on Qaiku right now. Forward might be a nice generic term. Like and Favourite have also been suggested.
Favorite and retweeting are two different things in Twitter, so Favorite being used for retweet would be a very bad thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Favorite and retweeting are two different things in Twitter, so Favorite being used for retweet would be a very bad thing.
Yep, I wrote on Qaiku:

semantically there are four different actions user could theoretically want to take about a post: forward it to their friends, show that they like the post, bookmark it for later access or reply to it. But if we provide all of these the UI becomes quite cluttered
Retweeting is an ugly hack on top of missing functionality in the service itself. You lose connection with the retweet and the original entry, and replies to both. But of course who cares as Twitter isn't that conversational in the first place...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, jaiku, mauku, micro-blogging, qaiku, tweet, twitter