Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
You're only jealous.

- And so am I!

It is interesting to hear these snippets of info, though; we may never get our hands on our own N950, but owning an N9 IS a real proposition and I for one would like to hear what I can look forward to.

So please, all you N950 Devs - tell us all your NDA's will permit
Not jealous, annoyed. Your all treating this thing like it's a god-damned Jesus phone that will end cancer and ascend mankind to the gods.

It's not.

It is a dead, end of line abortion. An inkling of what the team behind the N900 were trying to create before they were buttfvcked and force to design the equally pointless N9.

Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. The N950 HAS NO FUTURE. There will be no firmware updates and almost certainly no 'appz'. Everything that sucks about the N900 (see lack of support) this thing will embody. N9^N900 suck.

And now the creme de la crap, the steamer on the cake, the most talented of the maemo developers have been given a 'loan' of one so they can port programs that no one can use to a platform that apparently only 250 of exist.

It is not like this thing even runs meego with a tiny possibility of a future, it runs 'harmattan'. An absolute 1 way, council estate cul de sac of an OS. Further more it is not even the same hardware as this N9 so fvck knows what good it will be for 'porting appz'.

While I accepted the follow device would be the final nail in the coffin for the N900, I never guessed the final nail would have the functional equivalent of a dildo in an orphanage.

Thank you.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
headphoned's "pause playback on headphone removal" is integrated in 1.2011.22-6.

Of course, all of these features are subject to change in Harmattan release images, as EIPI suggests.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
headphoned's "pause playback on headphone removal" is integrated in 1.2011.22-6.

Of course, all of these features are subject to change in Harmattan release images, as EIPI suggests.
does N9 or N950 support audio remote control using wire headset. and onemore. does N9 or N950 use separate memory format for installation apps like N900.
thanx anyway
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. .
Lighten up! I am the very happy user of a Nokia N800 internet tablet that I have been using every day since 2007. I may or may not buy an N9. But if I do, I know that I will have all the necessary apps to enhance my life.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Ok I was with you up until this point...

While I accepted the follow device would be the final nail in the coffin for the N900, I never guessed the final nail would have the functional equivalent of a dildo in an orphanage.

Thank you.

Still Processing.. I knew I should have gone dual core instead of using the same processor at a 45 nm size!!.

=> see what I did there? <=

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
does N9 or N950 support audio remote control using wire headset
The N950 I have does with a WH-701 Nokia headset (from an N8). YMMV.

does N9 or N950 use separate memory format for installation apps like N900
I don't understand the question. I could guess, in which case the answer is "yes, of course packages need the full expressiveness of a Linux filesystem compared with the FAT32 of the mass storage directories"

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Not jealous, annoyed. Your all treating this thing like it's a god-damned Jesus phone that will end cancer and ascend mankind to the gods.

It's not.

It is a dead, end of line abortion. An inkling of what the team behind the N900 were trying to create before they were buttfvcked and force to design the equally pointless N9.

Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. The N950 HAS NO FUTURE. There will be no firmware updates and almost certainly no 'appz'. Everything that sucks about the N900 (see lack of support) this thing will embody. N9^N900 suck.

And now the creme de la crap, the steamer on the cake, the most talented of the maemo developers have been given a 'loan' of one so they can port programs that no one can use to a platform that apparently only 250 of exist.

It is not like this thing even runs meego with a tiny possibility of a future, it runs 'harmattan'. An absolute 1 way, council estate cul de sac of an OS. Further more it is not even the same hardware as this N9 so fvck knows what good it will be for 'porting appz'.

Thank you.
Was the N950 your favorite auntie? I was left wondering where to send the memorial wreath. Grief counseling is available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Not jealous, annoyed. [...]

Thank you.
i guess i'm not the right person to criticize your choice of words, am i? ¦-)

nonetheless, consider this...
the N9 is presented to the world, and seems to have @ least the benefit of the doubt as to its ability as a challenger.
even so, the N9 won't be available everywhere in unlimited quantities even though there are obviously manufacturing lines planed for it.

how easy would it have been to pound the N950s and recycle them in a factory's scrap?
why going through all the trouble of sending them all over the world, partly by messenger to avoid trouble w/ the customs, if it was a dead end?

how easy would it have been for the CEO to cancel THAT?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:

It's not.

Thank you.
They have come out and said publicly that the n9 will be supported for several years and that updates will be available.

And so what if that OS is "Dead", which I don't think it is, why is it so horrible to purchase one? Don't you still use a n900? You'd rather have no devices in the hands of developers so that even LESS appz will be available? I'm confused a bit by your comments. They seem to be unfounded without any connection to reality..

They are betting the farm on wp7.. Everyone knows this. So to the public they have to appear to be fully behind the platform. But I'm willing to bet my farm that if the n9 is successful, they will release another device. Not to mention the other manufactures that will be running Meego.

tl;dr I don't get all the resentment.. It's not as bad as it seems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
The best feature of the N950 is: it wont be released to consumers!

Oh, wait...

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post: