Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
who do you think sponsors this site so you can come here and express yourself ?
there is life left in Nokia Belle with the release of the 808 Pureview,
why be so negative it is obvious that you have not even taken the time to see if this devices adds any meaning or value to your life.
your reason for not purchasing one is senseless, if you do not like it fair enough, there is no need to try and put others off without even giving a clear reason why you are being so negative

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jpetrise View Post
who do you think sponsors this site so you can come here and express yourself ?
there is life left in Nokia Belle with the release of the 808 Pureview,
why be so negative it is obvious that you have not even taken the time to see if this devices adds any meaning or value to your life.
your reason for not purchasing one is senseless, if you do not like it fair enough, there is no need to try and put others off without even giving a clear reason why you are being so negative
Ehhh. What?

EDIT: I guess you read mikecomputing posts. Just ignore him. He is just anti nokia troll nowdays. Only eating Qt for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-18 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
PureView=Great!
S60=Sucks, even the screen resolution is disappointing, it should've been killed years ago or at least fixed to be like Harmattan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
FM transmitter, yay. Connectivity, yay. The screen res sucks, but then again, I wonder what it means in terms of battery consumption. I can't believe I'm actually considering this as my next phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I can't say that I'm enthusiastic about the 808 in the US.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
The 808 is the last real Nokia smartphone. Symbian OS and all the bells and whistles regarding HW. An N8 on steroids. Either you like it or you don't.

I like it, but will I get one? Probably, sometime.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post

THey should drop the word "Symbian" altogether
They are dropping Symbian altogether, not just the word. 808 is the last Symbian phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Nice phone. Crazy camera. Wayyyy too expensive to carry around in your pocket every day.

Just wondering what a DLNA output looks like...

Isn't that just a networking protocol?

I figure at this point I'm going to be using / developing for my N900 and N9 'til they blow up (or the world ends) and wait and see what happens in the next few years. If RIM pulls it off with Qt and BB10 with QNX, I'll go that route. Either that or the whole Android platform becomes non-Java with Xorg or Wayland and a compatibility layer for Dalvik. Wouldn't that be sweet?

slaapliedje

This article on nokia conversations that states phone operates on att 3G only...if thats the case there no way I am going to sign a 2 year contract with att.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...ng-to-america/