Active Topics

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Oooh, you mean just copy instead of dpkg ? Yeah, that is sadly not there (yet).
It was, and now isn't: QTCREATORBUG-1636 dealt with exactly this and is resolved; so there's been a regression.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Oooh, you mean just copy instead of dpkg ? Yeah, that is sadly not there (yet).
Seriously Attila, can you grasp how annoying this is?
I filed a bug report about this issue in june: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1636, which was fixed by the team by adding a "skip packaging step" button. It was disgusting enough having to tick it every time I opened a new project, but I got used to it. Now some idiot reintroduced the bug again.

As it is now, I have to make a package of my app every time I want to run it. SERIOUSLY, I only want build a package when the app is ready to be distributed. Even then, it is not me who builds it but the auto builder. I DO NOT WANT A PACKAGE TO BE CREATED EVERY TIME I RUN MY APP!!!
  • It takes time and is futile
  • It is VERY ANNOYING to wait for the package to be built, especially when I DON'T want to build a package at all
  • It interferes with the packages already installed on the device; thus I can't have the stable version installed while testing my trunk
  • No other development environment forces the devs to do this, why do you?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
This is an extremely annoying bug, I don't understand who thought that creating a package should be the default behaviour. It's beyond infuriating .. In some ways I can understand the sentiment as it keeps devices clean, it's also probably a bit more difficult for them to handle "target.path" in .pro files for delivering to device without packaging support. But it's still something that should have been decided upon from the get-go.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
This is an extremely annoying bug, I don't understand who thought that creating a package should be the default behaviour.
It is laughable because the beta SDK about a year ago had a behaviour of just crosscompiling the binary, copying it to the device and launching it. It worked very well, I don't know why they broke it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
I imagine it broke because by adding packaging it makes things like target.path work for shared binaries. But you're right, it is extremely annoying I'd rather qt creator didn't have _any_ packaging, as I use scratchbox for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
I wish it had a plug in that would leave everything ready to upload to the maemo-extras auto builder.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I wish it had a plug in that would leave everything ready to upload to the maemo-extras auto builder.
Hah, I wouldn't trust the built in packaging in qt creator. All I want it to do is build. Right now I've just set things up manually so qt creator doesn't play about with packaging. Once I've tested that my app works, I make sure it builds cleanly in scratchbox, then I upload the files from scratchbox to extras builder via scp. I could automate it all in qt creator but what little QA I do to the packaging would become 0

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
I am having some problems with this. I get this error when I try to deploy to my n900:

Running build steps for project analogclock...
Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
Starting: "/usr/bin/make" -w
make: Går till katalogen "/home/per/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/widgets/analogclock-build-maemo"
make: Inget behöver göras för "first".
make: Lämnar katalogen "/home/per/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/widgets/analogclock-build-maemo"
The process "/usr/bin/make" exited normally.
Creating package file ...
Package Creation: Running command 'dpkg-buildpackage -nc -uc -us'.
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
parsechangelog/debian: varning: debian/changelog(l5): felaktigt formaterad fotrad
LINE: -- per <per@unknown> mån, 24 jan 2011 18:08:19 +0100
parsechangelog/debian: varning: debian/changelog(l5): hittade filslut där more change data or trailer förväntades
Use of uninitialized value $v in pattern match (m//) at /home/per/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/madlib/perl5/Dpkg/Fields.pm line 229, <STDIN> line 5.
Use of uninitialized value $v in pattern match (m//) at /home/per/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/madlib/perl5/Dpkg/Fields.pm line 229, <STDIN> line 5.
Packaging Error: Command 'dpkg-buildpackage -nc -uc -us' failed.Exit code: 255
Error while building project analogclock (target: Maemo)
When executing build step 'Packaging for Maemo'

Am I doing something really stupid? I cant find the problem and I just realized the error message is partially in swedish so it probably does not help

In english: found EOF where more change data or trailer was expected. (l5) I cant find the problem in the changelog file and I cant get past the packaging bit either.

Any tips or hint?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
It sure looks like your changelog file is at fault, the question is how did you break it Be careful with encodings, spaces or with mixing newline styles as that can throw off debtools... If you attach it we could check, y'know

It sure looks like your changelog file is at fault, the question is how did you break it Be careful with encodings, spaces or with mixing newline styles as that can throw off debtools... If you attach it we could check, y'know
Thats the thing, I did not do anything to the file. Every example I try gets this error in the changelogfile. I am sure I am doing something wrong I just dont know what I am kind of new at this...

Ah, attach the changelog file, great idea

There is not that much in it and from what i can gather it seems to be ok? Just like others pointed out in this thread I cant figure out how to skip the whole packagething either.
Attached Files
File Type: txt changelog.txt (118 Bytes, 154 views)

Tags
qtquick, qtsdk