Active Topics

I agree. I don't understand why the desktop is so inflexible.

Is there any way to get simple-launcher to launch URL's in the browser? Or do that some other way?

I reconfigured the desktop Web shortcut applet for my #2 site (home page is #1) but still need more.

I reconfigured the desktop Web shortcut applet for my #2 site (home page is #1) but still need more.
Tell us more. You can change/add to the Google and Wikipedia links in the web applet?

Originally Posted by bexley View Post
Tell us more. You can change/add to the Google and Wikipedia links in the web applet?
No, the applet on the desktop that says "OS2008" and launches the browser pointed at the Nokia site.

Pull down the menu next to "Home" and do "Applet settings | Web shortcut". You can specify a different URL and image for it. But it has to be checked under "Select applets" or the option won't show up.

It pays to read menus.

Ah, yea I know about that. It's rather big and useless.

I was just wondering and hoping that you were talking about the web search bar. I think I read elsewhere about the ability to add text shortcuts to be used in that bar; I'll try to find that again.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I haven't had any issues with osso-statusbar-cpu. I use it, it's clock, and its script-runner to print source files, turn USB host mode on, start my BT-keyboard, etc.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I haven't had any issues with osso-statusbar-cpu. I use it, it's clock, and its script-runner to print source files, turn USB host mode on, start my BT-keyboard, etc.
Did you just install the os2007 version with required os2007 libs? or is the an os2008 version hiding somewhere ?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I think I found it (osso-statusbar-cpu) in the repos, but here is a link from the wiki:

http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/m...statusbar-cpu/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Just for the information of those longing for s-l on IT OS 2008. I'm working on it now, however for properly implementing transparency it seem to require use of new plugin API and this is where I'm stuck. Should I have moved over this point, the transparency will be there and I'll look into other issues.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MishaS For This Useful Post:
@BruceL

how do you get that to enable usb host?

l used the echo host command but it does't work as l'm not running as root l guess?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
someone knows another app like simple launcher for os2008?

it has problem for background and vertical size

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??