I would second the tv out wish...

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
... why!? If you've got a TV sitting there, chances are you've got a desktop or laptop.

I'd like my watch to have a TV out so I could display the time on the TV but it doesn't have that.*

*I don't wear a watch.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I want rgb video out. That's all. Hook my (soon to arrive) N810 to a digital projector, present my Powerpoint slides, and-- o wait...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I want rgb video out. That's all. Hook my (soon to arrive) N810 to a digital projector, present my Powerpoint slides, and-- o wait...
Did I miss the point... but the IT should be WIRELESS device?

Clearly there is need for new standard: Wireless VGA (RGB) output.

If a standard would be created, then all the new projectors would have the VGA signal receiver built in... and people (with tablets, compatible laptops) on the room can connect wirelessly to the projector... then somebody needs to be the "master" to select who in turn can show the picture?

Most likely the Bandwidth won't be high enough to show any HDTV quality moving picture, but for almost static powerpoint slides this should be perfect.

Hmmm.. Am I in creative mood today? This is the second crazy/insane idea I just came by...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I want rgb video out.
I'm not settling for less than HD-SDI 4:4:4.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm not settling for anything less than full holographic projection.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
LOL Now that wqould be cool. Maybe not the iPhone but the iTouch (closest real mainline competitor)

I have the image of a iTouch and a N810 sitting on the dashboard of a car. The N810 slides open legs pop out ALA transformer style it stands up and starts stamping the iTouch. after much metal mangling and stamping a Mini SD card is left the n810 opens its slots and slides it in.

Pure Genius Peng

Seriously, the Nokia Dev team should get a CG team together to make this happen

Originally Posted by jzencovich View Post
Hardware Easter Egg? Maybe an actual WiMAX chip/antenna. Or a 2+ Megapixel Camera? Or maybe ANOTHER FM radio?
how about a DVB-T reciever!

but id really like WiMAX

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Did I miss the point... but the IT should be WIRELESS device?

If a standard would be created, then all the new projectors would have the VGA signal receiver built in... and people (with tablets, compatible laptops) on the room can connect wirelessly to the projector... then somebody needs to be the "master" to select who in turn can show the picture?

Most likely the Bandwidth won't be high enough to show any HDTV quality moving picture, but for almost static powerpoint slides this should be perfect.

Hmmm.. Am I in creative mood today? This is the second crazy/insane idea I just came by...
Makes plenty of sense to me Mara. Nice one

I think there would be a high level of potential for... "fun"

I.E. Teacher connects laptop via wireless RGB, starts presentation on history and life of some poet who is obviously no longer one of the living...... Student in back of room deauthenticates the teacher and reautheticates using some simple packet captures being replayed.... Voila! We're all watching Family Guy

Mara, pure genius!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Well, there already are a number of wireless data projectors on the market. You're correct in that a standard for VGA over WiFi needs to be created. As it is, each manufacturer has rolled their own solution.

In the mean time, Nokia could work with Impatica to develop drivers and software for their existing Bluetooth solution.

Addendum: Oh, right. "N", not "E". Mustn't forget.