Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Right, I've solved my "not-auto-updating-inbox" bug: #3542.

Deleting a connection I'd restored from a chinook backup, and recreating my wireless LAN connection in Control Panel > Connectivity has made auto-updating email & RSS work.
Can someone confirm this is working?

Originally Posted by astuermer View Post
I don't think that solves the problem.
Back 2 months as I bought my N810 I installed Diablo right atfer taking the device out of the box... I configured everything directly under Diablo, also mailboxes. With no success in auto-updating.
Same here.
1. Fresh Diablo install, no chinook backups.
2. configured IMAP account (Not Gmail)
3. turned on auto-update, exit Modest.
4. nothing happens, start up Modest, tap INBOX, see new mail.

5. delete IMAP account, reconfigure as POP (same account)
6. exit Modest
7. a few minutes later, LED flashes to notify of new mail.

My WLAN connections were not restored from a backup, nor do they have any spaces in the names.

The new SSU fixed this on my N810, the autoupdate and LED flash work again for me

Originally Posted by Burnin TODI View Post
The new SSU fixed this on my N810, the autoupdate and LED flash work again for me
Now I'm jealous. This is ongoing for me...

Hmm, I've found out something interesting regarding the auto-update-inbox under Diablo/Modest...

I configured two different IMAP accounts.
One of my own and another one offered by my cellphone carrier (Drei Austria).

My private one - doesn't work, no auto-update, I have to open Modest and sync it manually.

Drei.at account - works! Syncs without problems on IMAP.

So there must be a problem with different IMAP configurations on server-side I think.

Any ideas?
I already activated ENHANCED-IDLE on my mailserver. Without success...

UPDATE

It wasn't the IMAP account - it was the mailclient on XP I was using: Thunderbird.

I configured some new accounts on my mailserver for testing purpose. All were working - as long as I didn't try to sync them on PC with Thunderbird.

Can someone confirm this?
I've tried 7 times now. For me it solves the problem not syncing with Thunderbird on Windows PC.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Hmm, I've found out something interesting regarding the auto-update-inbox under Diablo/Modest...

I configured two different IMAP accounts.
One of my own and another one offered by my cellphone carrier (Drei Austria).

My private one - doesn't work, no auto-update, I have to open Modest and sync it manually.

Drei.at account - works! Syncs without problems on IMAP.

So there must be a problem with different IMAP configurations on server-side I think.

Any ideas?
I already activated ENHANCED-IDLE on my mailserver. Without success...

I have a similar issue with my setup. One account is an IMAP account for a personal account, two others are IMAP accounts via google. The google accounts work fine, and mail alerts appear. My personal IMAP account will only DL messages if I open the mail client and click on inbox. Perhaps its in the IMAP server. I'll have to see if I have another account with an IMAP option I can try it on.

UPDATE

It wasn't the IMAP account - it was the mailclient on XP I was using: Thunderbird.

I configured some new accounts on my mailserver for testing purpose. All were working - as long as I didn't try to sync them on PC with Thunderbird.
So are your saying that once you synced with Thunderbird the N810 quit syncing automatically?

Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
The google accounts work fine, and mail alerts appear. My personal IMAP account will only DL messages if I open the mail client and click on inbox. Perhaps its in the IMAP server. I'll have to see if I have another account with an IMAP option I can try it on.
I just confirmed the same issue with mine. Gmail IMAP account works fine. Personal IMAP account (through my hosting company) doesn't auto-update. I have to open up the mail client and tap INBOX.

Time to compare settings.....