I tried it now and like it alot, but I already thought of some more improvements:

- replace the resized media player buttons with hi-res ones, the scaled ones are ugly
- maybe don't scale those 4 big icons that much and use an border around the touch area. Would help with bluriness and still indicates where to press.
- maybe add a row with 4 normal sized icons (chooseable of course), that would be great. Folder support there would be even better. And support for those contactslauncher icons.
- bigger margins between media player buttons

I've made an animated GIF with a few of those ideas from above and some new media buttons created by me. Feel free to use those buttons if you like them (download link)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the suggestions. Please keep in mind though that the application also needs to work properly in landscape (since at least for me Drive is much more usable in landscape). Also, I think cluttering the view with too many (small) icons, let alone folders, misses the whole point of the application. The remaining screen estate would most likely be better used for notifications (which is also a possible improvement) since currently there is no way to access them (except locking the screen). However, I do agree with the music player controls improvements and will work on those in a future update!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Vesuri, what I did it's not a really hack, it's just conformity to the command that you provided WAZE also work without any problem from homescreen.
You can download the latest release from here: http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/downloads/list

Or from apps.formeego:
http://repo.pub.meego.com/MeeGo:/1.2....0.9_armel.deb

Thanks to your work

Thanks for response Vesuri. Haven't thought about landscape, as I use drive always in portrait mode.....

It would be great if the music controls would work without having to start music player first.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
- maybe don't scale those 4 big icons that much and use an border around the touch area. Would help with bluriness and still indicates where to press.
Maybe you like my 2 solutions for that problem:

Edit: pressed state

Last edited by Morpog; 2012-09-15 at 17:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Hey, ive been using this for the last week or so and love it!!

With the improvements you said about in the first post it would be nearly perfect, the only thing i find is sometimes missing the next button on the music player and thus opening the music application, maybe you could make this zone a bit smaller??

But thanks for another great application!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Morpog, what's that ASTRA-icon for?
Current Maemo Community Council member

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Win7Mac,

That is a direct call to contact icon...Use contactlaunch app from Store to achieve the said functionality...

Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Morpog, what's that ASTRA-icon for?
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Win7Mac,

That is a direct call to contact icon...Use contactlaunch app from Store to achieve the said functionality...
Exactly, it calls directly the inbuilt phone in my Opel Astra car

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Exactly, it calls the inbuilt phone in my Opel Astra car
gorgeous...
Next time you buy a car make sure it suits better to your stylo N9...
Current Maemo Community Council member

What is the best way to start this from the command line?

I'm using an NFC tag on my car holder which is "seen" by ProfileMatic. Profilematic then switches Bluetooth on and launches a script that starts the drive-app, music player and Backlighter (to keep the screen on). Once the phone is removed from the holder, PM disables BT and kills the apps. I'd like to add In Car Home Screen to these apps.

P.S. It would be cool if your app handled disabling the screensaver because Backlighter takes a while to start up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post: