Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Bubbless View Post
Jolla C was briefly on sale today (unless it was a mistake which they have corrected now).
Yes, sir... you have to be ready when jolla makes a move dident want one today either. Anyone got one today?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Any hatebois (I like that term, some complain it is a banable personal insult I think? should we ban fanboi? same derogatory idea behind those two) wanna bet no Jolla C will be delivered by July? Willing to bet 169€

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Interesting. I see it exactly the opposite way. Physical keyboards are neatly out of the way yet always ready. A couple of cases in hand: CTRL+<letter> combinations in the browser, a key combination to take a screenshot, pressing a letter to apply an instant filter in a file manager or a contacts list... in all these cases you have a full, unobscured view of the screen.

Virtual keyboards, on the other hand, pop up when they please so you are at a mercy of the OS designer. When they do pop up, they take up a sizeable portion of the screen, hiding most of the context. I have yet to see a virtual keyboard taking less than a half of the screen. On my Jolla it is more like 2/3.
True. As for screenshots, though, this is usually done through some combination of power/home/volume buttons (except on Sailfish, clearly, for reasons unimaginable).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Any hatebois (I like that term, some complain it is a banable personal insult I think? should we ban fanboi? same derogatory idea behind those two) wanna bet no Jolla C will be delivered by July? Willing to bet 169€
With a combination of the last fiasco and zero warranty, everyone who buys one is betting!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
With a combination of the last fiasco and zero warranty, everyone who buys one is betting!
So wanna bet?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
So wanna bet?
Nope, that's why I didn't buy one! I think they will deliver this one on time, they have to...

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Nope, that's why I didn't buy one! I think they will deliver this one on time, they have to...
Ahhh shame, how is it a scam if they will deliver then??? Let me double down, if they don't deliver I will send you 340, if they do, you owe me 169, fair bet? Come on, free money

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Ahhh shame, how is it a scam if they will deliver then??? Let me double down, if they don't deliver I will send you 340, if they do, you owe me 169, fair bet? Come on, free money
Hahaha

When did I say it was a scam

Hahaha

When did I say it was a scam
Oh sorry, you did not? Plenty of hatebois do, so for them it should be free money, obviously jolla is out to milk their shekels (in 3 gif formats, don't believe there was anything behind spam in those three gifs, no progression, no joke, much adding to discussion). Sorry about that, offer still stands, if anyone wants to get 340 free euros on this scam, you know where to find me

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Oh sorry, you did not? Plenty of hatebois do, so for them it should be free money, obviously jolla is out to milk their shekels (in 3 gif formats, don't believe there was anything behind spam in those three gifs, no progression, no joke, much adding to discussion). Sorry about that, offer still stands, if anyone wants to get 340 free euros on this scam, you know where to find me
I'm not a hateboi (whatever the f that is!) but if we are gonna use this terminology I suppose I was a fanboi now I'm a ivehadenoughboi.
Wish them nothing but luck with there latest effort, even though there's no profit in it for them

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os