Active Topics

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
AFAIK media messages doesn't come with a text attached.
I faintly remember seeing this few days back, i am not sure, think the message came in a separate chat bubble. That was v0.3.4 i guess. but cant be checked now since v0.3.4 stopped working.

AFAIK media messages doesn't come with a text attached.

Privacy mode hides contacts/conversations, so nobody can read those conversations except you. Play with it and you will get it. It's not hard to understand.

PS: I'm testing 1.0.6, and probably it will be released tomorrow.
this option >>>Privacy mode>. is included in 1.0.5 or is a new function from 1.0.6?

i dont have this function and i see im missing another option : resize images before sending.

corrupted settings at me?

Originally Posted by youFailed View Post
this option >>>Privacy mode>. is included in 1.0.5 or is a new function from 1.0.6?

i dont have this function and i see im missing another option : resize images before sending.

corrupted settings at me?
no its a very old one.
go to the last tab in settings the one that's a 'lock', and put in your password(if already created) or enter a new one, hit activate.

The Following User Says Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
lol, that one? i have it but never use it. in 0.3.x watsup versions at info was that it saves your setting preferences.

Privacy mode hides contacts/conversations, so nobody can read those conversations except you. Play with it and you will get it. It's not hard to understand.
Okay, I give up.
I have put a few contacts in the private contacts list.
And when they send messages, phones vibrates, and the conversations tab icon turns faint blue, thats very neat

But how do I read the messages they sent??
Do I have to go in settings and "un-private" the contacts and read the messages normally
Help me. It cant be this tough

And what does the thing 'activate' mean?
activate on shake, activate on swipe down

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@tioubxancur activate with shake, then try to shake your phones, and your private contacts should appear in list.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@tioubxancur activate with shake, then try to shake your phones, and your private contacts should appear in list.
No, it's the other way around. When you shake, it will hide the private contacts.

Originally Posted by tioubxancur View Post
Okay, I give up.
I have put a few contacts in the private contacts list.
And when they send messages, phones vibrates, and the conversations tab icon turns faint blue, thats very neat

But how do I read the messages they sent??
Do I have to go in settings and "un-private" the contacts and read the messages normally
Help me. It cant be this tough

And what does the thing 'activate' mean?
activate on shake, activate on swipe down
Yes, put in the password to show the private conversations.
If someone see this option, and wants the password of the privacy options, just tell them it's '1234'. It will show them that this feature is not ready yet. Which will let them believe there is no private option whatsoever
So they wont bother you with it

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
well, if you close whatsup while on privacy tab and open again instead of activate button you will have sometimes change button. happend 3 times from 10 tries while i was playing with settings.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by youFailed View Post
well, if you close whatsup while on privacy tab and open again instead of activate button you will have sometimes change button. happend 3 times from 10 tries while i was playing with settings.
If you enter the password, the activate button changes to 'change'. You can change the password by entering a new password and pressing Change

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Yes, put in the password to show the private conversations.
If someone see this option, and wants the password of the privacy options, just tell them it's '1234'. It will show them that this feature is not ready yet. Which will let them believe there is no private option whatsoever
So they wont bother you with it
The '1234' thing is pretty awesome

But still i couldn't get it to work,

What I did is, made some contacts private and then swiped down(this should deactivate the private options, right??)
Next i opened whatsup(private contacts not visible right now) and then entered the password and then hit activate and go back
Now the private contacts should be displayed except they are not.
Neither in the contacts tab nor in the conversation tab. If I now go back to settings it says 'change' instead of activate, that means I am still in the activated mode, but the contacts are not displayed

Can you confirm that its working in this version(v1.0.5), are you sure its not broken??

PS: What would happen if u change your password to '1234'
Would it let you into the private settings or just say 'feature not supported' and prevent you from ever getting in??

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup