Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It's not something Samsung has been hugely supporting, OpenMobile has been moving towards supporting Tizen since the start of last yr, perhaps earlier.
That's been their approach for ages now, "go broad", irrespective of whether there's any official tie-up...
Samsung or Intel must support it since it's nothing the end user can install I think.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Nether do in any official or high priority capacity, the targeted platform just needs to be open enough in some respects for OpenMobile to develop the ACL.
That is the case for Tizen, so OpenMobile has proceeded on that basis...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Some interesting in and uninteresting talk about Tizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2VPKwDY_1A

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Nether do in any official or high priority capacity, the targeted platform just needs to be open enough in some respects for OpenMobile to develop the ACL.
That is the case for Tizen, so OpenMobile has proceeded on that basis...
This seems to be yet another solution for Android apps/games, but with some more lag The good thing is that Samsung/intel dont have to back it but the user can install it by them self if they need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR932y5TtcA

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-30 at 09:49.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
It seems that i still can't figure it out:
Is Tizen going to be a proper Linux distro with a package manager (for a native installs from the repos), or locked down monstrosity just for the apps from the store?
Barnabas Collins

Originally Posted by kollin View Post
It seems that i still can't figure it out:
Is Tizen going to be a proper Linux distro with a package manager (for a native installs from the repos), or locked down monstrosity just for the apps from the store?
You are not the only one...I'm in the fog too.
As I understands It Mobile Tizen will relay heavily on Tizen app store. But if we look at the Asian market they have lots of app stores and not just one big. Also, I think there will be a way to install external "packeges" like in android or Harmattan.

Probably the latter.
I feel like Tizen is going to be exactly like Bada but with a Linux core. But its going to mean nothing for us, and consumers.

Better wait for SailfishOS or Ubuntu's true mobile-linux-os.

I'm flattered

Tizen can be great if Samsung back it up with great hardware. I think It would be great if tizen could cut a way a part of Androids market share. As much I hope jolla survives they don't have power/potensial to grow that fast for another year or two. Ubuntu looks really promising too and I tried it on android phone. But I dont think we see a high end device for another year. So I'm looking forward to Tizen ATM. It will be great! The main problem is how I could get my hands on a device...

Have you tasted this?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Except that's misleading, Tizen's been riding the MeeGo thing way too heavily in the media, & unfairly so in some respects, as us -relatively- more informed users know by now.

*EDIT*
Just noticed the fine print, hehe, that's a good one...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-01 at 15:12.

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen