Active Topics

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I'm a new member, and I say "hello!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Glad to have you Thor!

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Another Newbie here!

I'm an RF (radio frequency) designer, in the past I've worked on handset designs for several companies, and also worked for Nokia on base station designs a few times.

Tried and hated WinMob so dropped back to my trusty Treo.

Acquired an N810 to learn a bit more Linux, now (im)patiently waiting for the N900 to appear!

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Welcome to t.m.o epninety!

We're all waiting eagerly for the N900.... stick around, this place is fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Hello, hello.

Greeting everyone after a long involvement with a thread on dosbox in the game forums. I'm an n800 user, lovin' it so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stereoprism For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hellooooo.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cool, another Vancouver member. Welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
I'm not new, but I've been lurking for many moons (I've been called an eminence gris a few times in my life...). I have never posted much (If I have nothing to add to a conversation, I don't, and honestly, the way things are around here, a simple search has answered many if not all of my questions before I bothered everyone with my ignorance

I am finally moved to put something in here because of what happened in another thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32253) which has profoundly moved me, and finally forced me to get off my *ss and do something. The community round here has shown itself in many ways, and none more powerful than this example, as strong and more than capable of supporting itself and its members. Kudos to you all. I fell, after this long time reading and thinking, that I know many of you already, so saying hello is the least I can do. I'd like to do more. We'll see.

It's possible to lurk for a long time, and in fairness I have been on and off with my n810 relationship (n900 ordered though...) for more reasons than just the device. I do have an idea for an app that because of the kickstart to my rear end I'm now actively working toward design and execution of (might take a while, but there you are - I'm not the coder many people around here are).

I'm happy to be able to say hello formally, and just perhaps now start to enter into the community as much as I can (which is all we can ask). Pleasure to meet you all.

Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to smarsh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by smarsh View Post
I'm not new, but I've been lurking for many moons (I've been called an eminence gris a few times in my life...). I have never posted much (If I have nothing to add to a conversation, I don't, and honestly, the way things are around here, a simple search has answered many if not all of my questions before I bothered everyone with my ignorance

I am finally moved to put something in here because of what happened in another thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32253) which has profoundly moved me, and finally forced me to get off my *ss and do something. The community round here has shown itself in many ways, and none more powerful than this example, as strong and more than capable of supporting itself and its members. Kudos to you all. I fell, after this long time reading and thinking, that I know many of you already, so saying hello is the least I can do. I'd like to do more. We'll see.

It's possible to lurk for a long time, and in fairness I have been on and off with my n810 relationship (n900 ordered though...) for more reasons than just the device. I do have an idea for an app that because of the kickstart to my rear end I'm now actively working toward design and execution of (might take a while, but there you are - I'm not the coder many people around here are).

I'm happy to be able to say hello formally, and just perhaps now start to enter into the community as much as I can (which is all we can ask). Pleasure to meet you all.

Steve
Welcome. Smarsh, to the forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org