Active Topics

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
I think you missed the tongue-in-cheek nature of the comment. It harks back to the time when users who had problems with their n900's, bought at the local mobile phone store, were told they should have done more research - and then they would have found that they shouldn't have bought the phone in the first place (because despite being sold by O2, Vodafone, etc., it was not really meant to bought by them, and was only ever intended for developers). The irony in the comment suggests that were the search engines to be flooded this way, people would know that the phone was not for users, and not be bought. Of course, the absurdity is that any firm would produce a phone only for use by developers, and not market it - only to then make it available on the high street. Not sure who is more naive in this delusion - the developers, the phone company, or the users who bought the thing in a high street store.
Honestly your argument is hard to follow as I am not very sure what your point really is. My apology if my reply would offend you.

You are right, so I said he had a 'noble cause', I am not speaking it out of sarcasm.

I am just try to explain why his negative 'constructive' opinions/criticisms did not receive massively welcome here, and this fact seems to have bothered him so much. Arguing over his noble cause is not my intention.

Nice to meet you here.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So negative opinions and observations, especially criticism (however constructive, and however right it's been proven over time now) is unwelcome here?
NOT what I said Dan. Try to avoid straw men, please.

I invite you to read some of my own critical posts here. Many actually call out Nokia. I'll gladly link some for you.

Last edited by Texrat; 2011-03-16 at 17:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Just out of curiosity, why single my comment out? Why not count the number of posts I've made in this thread and see if the implication that I am spewing the same thing over and over is true. I think I've barely posted here, so I can't have spewed that much.

And by the way, if you think that all I do on this site is criticize Nokia, your perception is skewed.
I replied to 3 posts at that time. How many more should I add so you don't feel "singled out"?

And don't try supposing what I think or perceive. My reply was to your point, not to you.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
No fair using a magic term to prove your point. If we came up with a person who sinned as described, you would immediately claim that they weren't a True Community Member. So your assertion can't be disproved, as mine couldn't if I said that True Communism never failed, or some BS like that.
You seem real close to detecting the intentional irony.

Last edited by Texrat; 2011-03-16 at 13:13.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Nice to meet you here.
Nice to meet you too. It is all good.

M.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Nokia is such a wonderful company that makes the best mobile devices this world has ever seen and used.

They are absolutely loved by everyone that buys them, the support is so wonderful that no one could ever complain.

I will tell you what i am on later !.

I apologize for being testy. And for the record I have no problem whatsoever with constructive criticism here, of Nokia or anything else that's relevant. I believe I've demonstrated that sufficiently.

But I don't know that I can sit idly by and watch this forum devolve into little more than an antiNokia flamefest. That's not fair to the community members striving to find purpose for Maemo in the growing Nokia vacuum.

I think it IS fair for anyone to express their opinion-- especially if that opinionated person is generally aligned with community goals and spirit. But much of what's been going on, especially in the aftermath of the Nokia-Microsoft announcement (see what I did there?) has been nothing more than venting, bashing and outright trolling.

As a moderator of some subforums here I have been traditionally lenient and reluctant to censor, lock, warn, etc. But that tolerance has been worn thin by incessant trolling (and that's a general remark, not Nokia-specific). I'm inclined lately to tighten up just to better serve what *I* would define as true community members, especially new ones. But I'll discuss that further with other council reps.

Play nicely, people.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
People need to take heed of Texrat because he is talking common sense here and i agree his point on trolling and flaming of Nokia since the merger, has become practically a warzone on this forum.

Everyone needs to wait and see what becomes of this merger untill passing comment BUT this is very much a Nokia orientated forum , i just hope the community serves its members well in the future, and i have no doubt in my mind that it will not.

The amount of teamwork put into this forum is second to none so i think everyone should appreciate the hard work put in by all its members and forum commitee and all staff who take care here.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
And you are completely ignoring why I criticized Qrchak's statement. We are not Nokia, we are not beholden to Nokia, nor are we responsible for what he attacked the members of this community over.
Tell me one thing man,
Do you allways call stating an opinion an attack on You?

I stated an opinion, that Nokia left the maemo behind because they were dissapointed with Your effort.
Did I say Your effort is to little? NO
I tried to emphasise in every post, that I love the community effort, but i think i can call myself a power user (comparing to averages, not to the community ofc). I believe that Nokia was counting on more appsor should I say "joyfriendly", maybe more involvemennt.

I stated the opinion, and you took it as i was attacking your sisters virginity.

Originally Posted by Qrchack View Post
Tell me one thing man,
Do you allways call stating an opinion an attack on You?
Me, personally? No. But you struck out broader and more incorrectly than I believed possible.

I stated an opinion, that Nokia left the maemo behind because they were dissapointed with Your effort.
And your opinion is, to no small degree, wrong and off base. Nokia left Maemo/MeeGo because Nokia completely dropped the ball internally and because of corporate shenanigans.

I tried to emphasise in every post, that I love the community effort, but i think i can call myself a power user (comparing to averages, not to the community ofc). I believe that Nokia was counting on more appsor should I say "joyfriendly", maybe more involvemennt.
Nokia was hoping to attract developers, and they did. However, they didn't retain the commercial developers, and the open source developers have been doing what they can despite things.

Nokia, whose job it is to attract and support developers, didn't show any wider support for Maemo on other devices, nor did they get Ovi working like it was supposed to until real late. But that's essential, and Nokia didn't make it work. Now, please don't attack and blame and slander this community for something that isn't it's fault.

I stated the opinion, and you took it as i was attacking your sisters virginity.
You are quite the vulgar one, aren't you?

Last edited by wmarone; 2011-03-16 at 23:54.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
OH MY GOD! Not her virginity!
Come on guys--let's get back to bickering over the Microsoft-Nokia merger. Did I say merger? I meant partnership. Yes, the partnership. Because they're like partners now.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org