Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
guys i think you are truying to many times to register just wait the time given and register afyer that....
No!!!I think I get it... Listen I only registered 2 with my number, 1st time was in february, and the 2nd back in may... My wazapp was working perfectly (v 0.2.6 btw), even after updating to PR1.3, reflashing and wiping the phone clean, and then restoring with a backup, it was still working without even needing to register... but then I installed nitdroid alpha 4, downloaded whatsapp, and tried it there, and then when I went back to MeeGo, the login failed and said to delete my account settings in accounts, and re-register, and that's when I started getting the fail-too-many error... Only after using same number in "different phone" (same phone, different OS)..
Could that be it? too many different phones? or devices? or whatever? the weird thing is in nitdroid, it still works.

Please check my reply in page 181, I thoroughly describe what happened, and what I've tried to fix it but... no success so far.

Thanks

P.S.:

"Originally Posted by chryant
Guys im a new user just bought my FANTASTIC N9. I have installed wazzap but when i try to register i get the following error "server said: fail-too-many::"
and at the "everything failing? try me" option i get "server said:unknown reason". What should i do?
i have the exact same issue , since i used an 808 for a few days ... please i need some help can't use the 808 anymore because i had to send it back ... wa sjust a test device...

anyone has any ideas ?"

adio_89 is having the exact same problem only after using whatsapp in the nokia 808 and then coming back to the N9... just like me.... It's definetely related... It's not that we registered too many times... it's something else... cause, ok so we did register in a different phone or OS, but then coming back to the N9, we wouldn't need to register because we had already done so before... but it still denied us.

Last edited by lmiked; 2012-07-20 at 00:00.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
1st post is VERY handy in case you haven't read it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84318

Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
i have the exact same issue , since i used an 808 for a few days ... please i need some help can't use the 808 anymore because i had to send it back ... wa sjust a test device...

anyone has any ideas ?
You cant use WhatsApp on 2 devices..

It just fails as WhatsApp relies on IMEI or the IMSI cant remember which.

Each phone is different so the number errors and WhatsApp blocks your number.

Send them an email asking them to unblock your number..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by lmiked View Post
Only after using same number in "different phone" (same phone, different OS)..
Could that be it? too many different phones? or devices? or whatever? the weird thing is in nitdroid, it still works.
I don't think different phones has to do anything with it, I'm running whatsapp and wazapp on an old N95 and the N9 (both registered with same number, but simcard on the N9) and they both work, the weird thing is that I get the messages sometimes on the N95 instead of the N9, but most messages I get on the N9.
I remember when tried to install wazapp I always got the fail xx times, no matter how long I waited I always got that error, so I tried something that was posted here in the forums, to delete all traces of wazapp and install (can't remember if it was 0.1.6 or 0.1.8) version, then try to register and bingo, wazapp was working, after that I just installed 0.2.x , right now im using 0.2.90 and is working fine (well besides the emoticons not showing and the change status but I don't really care about that)

please newbies, use whatsapp/wazapp the right way..

'fail-too-many' problem came from the user, not wazapp. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
so now i sent an email tzo whatsapp support , lets hope i get an answer , and what was emant saying "we need to use it right" i would really like some detailed information about this so i can understand it ^^

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
and what was emant saying "we need to use it right" i would really like some detailed information about this so i can understand it ^^
Last I checked, all that info. was in the 1st post:
Did you read the entire thing before doing anything?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Last I checked, all that info. was in the 1st post:
Did you read the entire thing before doing anything?
been reading it like 5 times now 3 times after and 2 times BEFORE injstalling it, yes i know it says it has some issueswith auto reg, i know it says it's a public beta and everything. i was just asking for some detailed inforamtion. and again i DID read the entire thing _before_ installing wazapp , but unfortunatly i can't find anything about a registration limit and / or the error, only the error saying "fail too recent", and one must be pretty stupid not to get this.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
You cant use WhatsApp on 2 devices..

It just fails as WhatsApp relies on IMEI or the IMSI cant remember which.

Each phone is different so the number errors and WhatsApp blocks your number.

Send them an email asking them to unblock your number..
ok. Maybe you're right... But then how do you explain what happened to me, I used the same phone (N9) but different OS... But still same IMEI, so only thing that was different in my case was the whatsapp app version and platform used to access my account. And still, when I went back to wazapp, despite having already registered and used wazapp normally previously, it failed to log me in continuously ans told me to remove my account from the accounts menu and re-register... Only to fail-too-many constantly from there on after.

Originally Posted by devian View Post
I don't think different phones has to do anything with it, I'm running whatsapp and wazapp on an old N95 and the N9 (both registered with same number, but simcard on the N9) and they both work, the weird thing is that I get the messages sometimes on the N95 instead of the N9, but most messages I get on the N9.
I remember when tried to install wazapp I always got the fail xx times, no matter how long I waited I always got that error, so I tried something that was posted here in the forums, to delete all traces of wazapp and install (can't remember if it was 0.1.6 or 0.1.8) version, then try to register and bingo, wazapp was working, after that I just installed 0.2.x , right now im using 0.2.90 and is working fine (well besides the emoticons not showing and the change status but I don't really care about that)

oh! Bur that's where you're wrong my friend... I also used same number in different phones (N8 and N9), but in case you don't know, wazapp identifies itself to the whatsapp servers as a symbian whatsapp client, therefore making whatsapp servers believe you're using a symbyan phone, thats why you had no problems so far with changing you're number between you're N95 and N9, cause as far as whatsapp is concerned, you're using symbian all the time.
as for me, as I said before, my wazapp was working perfectly, but in a matter of minutes, it went from perfect to fail-too-many, all it took was booting up nitdroid, registering whatsapp in nitroid and thinking "it works", then shutting down, booting MeeGo, and BAAMM, wazapp not working, re-register and FAIL-TOO-MANY. This was in a matter of like 5 minutes.
in my case, the number was the same, and so was the IMEI, the only different thing was the OS, and obviously the whatsapp client used to login, maybe then whatsapp associated my number with an android whatsapp client... And when I went back to wazapp (that identifies itself as a symbian client) maybe it blocked me maybe "thinking" that someone had stolen my sim card or something like that.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp