Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
...but as far as Chen keeps silent here, ...
He is in China as he told me yesterday.
You should contact FX support if you need to get an answer quickly.

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
you are guessing too much on a single mail that only you received.
No, if you look at FX forum, there is another user having the same view as shaihkritzer. The email went to everyone with an unpaid preorder.

But being a fanboi totally helps looking over those birth problems, correct.
Yes, it would have been more professional to announce an exact length of the preorder phase, but i can find many reasons for it not being possible.

every mail since we know the shipping date, is telling me "give us ur freakin' money, right now!".
Please forgive them the "hurry hurry" tactics.
The other way around, imagine how hard it is to collect money on "please please please" basis.
They only now know how many people actually put money behind their mouth and adapt.

...makes the whole situation really disappointing.
But, is there even a "situation" until you paid the preorder?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
you are guessing too much on a single mail that only you received.
a. Definitely.

b. No, not "only him": Supposedly this mail went to all pre-orderers, who have not ordered yet.
So here comes the "Full disclosure" of this IMO absolutely reasonable mailing:

Sent: 18 August 2019 08:37:55 CEST
Subject: **7 days to go** before Pro1 pre-order price increase

Last chance - beat the price increase

Don't miss out!

Hi

As a pre-order customer, take advantage of the pre-launch pricing before prices increase ahead of launch and shipping next month.

To secure your Pro1, make your payment [https://www.fxtec.com/my-account/pre-orders/] in the next 7 days by logging into your your F(x)tec order account or visit [https://www.fxtec.com/my-account/pre-orders/]

Adrian and Chen

Founders, F(x)tec

Last edited by olf; 2019-08-19 at 13:19.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Few days I also asked Fxtec customer support about the scandic layout, and got this answer:

As most of us Scandinavian fanatics are willing to get their Pro1's as soon as possible and thus will accept QWERTY or QWERTZ if Scandinavian is not available, I'm afraid that there will not be enough demand for Scandic layout in the future either. I just did pay my QWERTZ Pro1, so I don't really think I'd buy a second unit even if they decided to provide scandic layout. And I think this will be the situation with most of us.

PS. As I mostly type in Finnish, I don't see much point on having physical keyboard just for occasional English typing
I mailed them Thursday (15th) and got this answer:
Dear Breeze5,

Thanks for your message.

We're receiving increasing demand for the Scandinavian layouts. We're negotiating if we should release one for the Pro1, however, this will likely be announced at a later stage after the initial batch should we decide to introduce it.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As Dave does not seem to be around anymore:
To me this DOES NOT smell like scam!

Some private view on this fuss:
nothing to comment, just reasonable.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
That is actually concerning that he is not around, he was interested by the Pro1, and even started to consider at some point that it may not be a scam.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
I mailed them Thursday (15th) and got this answer:

If they had said this earlier maybe I would have just waited a while instead of paying. Good news though, hope demand made them change their mind.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
AFAIR Chen said that Pro1 will not be a prepaid / crowdfunded project unlike the Keyboard mod. and nobody would be charged in advance. so I really have no clue about the point of this rush. they'll pay now or in a week or two, does that really makes such difference?
It was long stated that payment would be requested shortly before delivery. That is unlike (most?) crowdsourcing where money is collected during a timeframe much longer upfront to pay for development. That was what FX wanted to avoid. Long time of uncertainty and potential for chaos theory and trolls kicking in. They obviously where convincing enough to an investor that is now kind enough to take that part of the risc on his shoulders and thus give us opportunity to decide on a much more educated basis. We already know FX can produce the Pro1 (in prototype batches).
That is what most crowdfundings failed at.
Now we hit the stage where certainty is needed about how many devices to produce.

but it would be more fair and polite to send emails like "do you still want your preorder or not?" instead of "give the money now!".
-1 in style points. Granted and noted.
But again, i fail to see the pressure since IMO preorderers where aware to put down the money sometime shortly before delivery. 1 month is acceptable "delivery time". I buy things from aliexpress that take >6weeks delivery and do not care if it is already produced when i order

The good news could be, delivery is close and will be met for the paying preorderers?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
@shaihkritzer, no one forces you to buy the phone. They can change the price however they want.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Price went up for folks who already preordered ?

There is a shocking surprise...
Never seen that before ...
Sounds reasonable to me...
Of course they are reputable and haven't not come through with their stated projects...so that makes it all right...

I ...of course ...support this project ...since the outcome is to be desired devices ....albiet so few that support is likely to be nonexistent ...
All that aside...
I think the price (and it may not be the end of price increases yet...) is completely inline with the situation...
And support the price increase absolutely and without hesitation ...

Of course...
I anticipated such price increase...if one wanted what one had already dumped a chunk of money into...
And that ..along with other reasons...
is also why I refused to invest a penny in it.
Once burned , twice shy.

Start ups are unregulated, ungoverned, with no accountability,
a wild wild west snake oil salesman mentality ...
That I refuse to partake in.

Make a product, like everyone else, allow it to be reviewed and tested by a reputable nonaffiliated 3rd party, have a support and parts guarantee, and be on the shelf for sale at a price that isn't flucuating all over the place...
Lile ALL other products for sale...
that ARE regulated and are bound by laws...to protect the consumer...
And I will gladly and happily throw my coin down and buy one, thereby supporting a project.

It is not all vitriol out of me...
There are glad tidings...
Meateo Ballons are now on sale at 1/2 the price of the previous double the cost sale....
Meaning...
Get your Meateo Ballons now!
At a limited time offer of ...
regular price!!!

Just inquire at the Meateo Ballon Emporium's front desk ...
And ask for Dave...

Long live the Dave's!!!!!

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2019-08-19 at 12:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/s...12/#post-32107

Existing pre-orders will keep their price as it was displayed during their pre-order. This will only change for new pre-orders/orders once the device launches.

The strategy for increasing price after launch is very common and is seen amongst all types of companies – smartphones, cars, etc. This is often observed in crowdfunded products, which usually come with no money back guarantees should the project fail to deliver. In our case, you’re making a consumer purchase, which comes with many benefits, but most importantly, a guarantee that your order will be delivered, and 14 days return policy after shipping in the rare occasion that you may need to return a product. (not an Indiegogo or Kickstarter investment which doesn’t class as a sale).

As for your peace of mind, banks are generally happy to accept credit card disputes for at least 60 days, most do that for 90 days. Of course, however, this wouldn’t be necessary as your orders are expected to start shipping in mid-September.

One issue I did confirm though, which I am glad you mentioned, is that it still says “To be charged at a future date” for pre-orders which are placed now. This description will be removed for new pre-orders as we now take payments as soon as new pre-orders are placed. It will, however, remain the same for early pre-orders, as again, we didn’t take payments for those until 2 weeks ago.

Erik

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit