Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
If you don't like a product, the answer is to sell it (or not to buy) and purchase an alternative. There is no need to repeatedly remind the rest of us why you choose to sell/not to buy.

Example: I purchased, and later sold, a HTC Desire. I did not, at any time, inform other Android users of my decision ad infinitum. Instead, I spent my time here, discussing the device that I (still) enjoy using. I do not think that the N900 is perfect, but I do think that it's the best device out there for my needs atm.

When I move to another platform, I will do so quietly and will, from that point onwards, spend my time discussing that platform in the appropriate places. I will not waste time here *****ing about my reasons for making the move.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
If you don't like a product, the answer is to sell it (or not to buy) and purchase an alternative. There is no need to repeatedly remind the rest of us why you choose to sell/not to buy.

Example: I purchased, and later sold, a HTC Desire. I did not, at any time, inform other Android users of my decision ad infinitum. Instead, I spent my time here, discussing the device that I (still) enjoy using. I do not think that the N900 is perfect, but I do think that it's the best device out there for my needs atm.

When I move to another platform, I will do so quietly and will, from that point onwards, spend my time discussing that platform in the appropriate places. I will not waste time here *****ing about my reasons for making the move.

I think most of the people here (certainly the original Internet Tablet Talk people) bought into something more than a returnable piece of hardware. Perhaps you missed your calling as a cheerleader to the starving?

I can post funny cartoons too.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-02-11 at 23:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post

I can't wait to sell my N900, I haven't been complaining on the forums but I don't think its right for you to complain about people who voice their opinion against the device. I will make my voice heard but not purchasing another Nokia device and I'll make sure to not make the mistake of assuming basic phone functionality again. Some of it we got but even with mms, fmms isn't really an acceptable solution to someone who purchased the device at full price.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larrikin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Ah, attached images and re-posting by full quote of 2 pages for 2 rows of text. The signs of the final stages of a dead thread syndrome. All it's missing is the buzzards.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
I can't wait to sell my N900, I haven't been complaining on the forums but I don't think its right for you to complain about people who voice their opinion against the device. I will make my voice heard but not purchasing another Nokia device and I'll make sure to not make the mistake of assuming basic phone functionality again. Some of it we got but even with mms, fmms isn't really an acceptable solution to someone who purchased the device at full price.
What you expect from a Nokia driven forum and besides... i got my own probs like anyone else but hell i would never sell my N900 just cos it aint got Meego or Maemo at its best.

It is worth keeping even as an antique to remember the days of Nokia hell.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Ah, there we go.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
And since when was confused spelt confuised????

Who said this thread is dead.... keep the excuses coming

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
And since when was confused spelt confuised????

Who said this thread is dead.... keep the excuses coming
Spelled, not spelt. Come on, let's argue. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Spelled, not spelt. Come on, let's argue. :P
Cannot argue with you , your one of the sain folk on here hahaha.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
actually i cant say i love n900
battery is a real pissoff
plus i do own an iphone 4 and im REALLY glad i have an n900
cameras a bit sucky and less battery, yes, but otherwise, especially in terms of app
plus i prefer a proper keyboard and n900's virtual keyboard is better as well.. and alot of customization features on n900 are far more awesome then iphone and EVEN android as i use nitdroid and its, till now, not so impressive
i jus wish n900 had ebuddy..
bottom line, n900 is faarr awesome..

Tags
blah blah blah, blah the end, criticismhearit, flamebait, popcorn time, quit happens, still blah blah, stop it, trollfest