Notices

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Installed latest version and everything is working brilliant Noob. Vibration test is a nice touch and works perfect.
Just one little thing is it possible to make the update button update all the tabs at the same time instead of one at a time? Just a thought. Thanks again mate.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Installed latest version and everything is working brilliant Noob. Vibration test is a nice touch and works perfect.
Just one little thing is it possible to make the update button update all the tabs at the same time instead of one at a time? Just a thought. Thanks again mate.
yup will dot that at then before testing version. at the moment it's quicker to do it separatley for my own testing purposes.

will remeber to re-add it though

and great to hear the vibrate works! (i don't use it on mine, so was odd feeling it buzz away again!!!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
vibration test function works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Ok, new version with a few more goodies!

V0.5.2.0
* Battery Status (%)
* Accelerometer readout
* GPS Position
* Firmware version and sensible version name
* Roots Free (mb) / Used (%)
* CPU Information
* N900 Hardware board info
* System Locale
* Front Camera image test (Point it at a good light to confirm it works, still poor quality!)
* Rear Camera image test
* Phone/Cell information
* Possibly implement country/variant type for firmware
* Add more storage space information (Mydocs)
* Add a phone reboot button (Mazi requested)
* Boot Count
* FM Transmitter Power
* System Uptime
* Internal IP Address
* Reboot Button
* Test Vibration Button

blue = new

Planned for future versions
* List of enabled repositories
* List of disabled repositories
* List of installed applications + App info
* Run commands, apt-get clean etc...
* Useful scripts like - clear the SMS auto-complete dictionary
* Dead pixel screen test (Multiple full screen colours)
<<few more to add>>

Built and in Extras-devel!!! - not long until a version is testing ready i hope
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Hi, does the test vibrator work correctly? think my vibrator may be faulty or maybe the 900 vibrator is really poor.

Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
Hi, does the test vibrator work correctly? think my vibrator may be faulty or maybe the 900 vibrator is really poor.
hmmm it is very poor - works fine for me and a few others, but that doesnt guarantee its not the app at the moment.
in x-terminal you can run

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activate string:'PatternTouchscreen'
to deactivate (do it even if it is not vibrating...

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activate string:'PatternTouchscreen'
edit - sorry pulled it out of my code - removed the coding bits... should work now

but a better test is to turn on vibrations in your profile - should let you know if it is working

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-03-02 at 18:48.

i see uve changed back to old icon

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
i see uve changed back to old icon
Hmmmm.... i didn't... not sure what's going on with it though......
It seems to use the old icon when it feels, my desktop icon is still the heart....

Must be having a moment!

Ok... there seems to be some descrepency in peoples opinions about rootfs saving tools as they can be dangerous.
Other posts mention cCleaner 'like' apps....

I'm thinking specifically running scripts like: to move fonts etc out of rootfs to save space, autoclean, remove unused dependencies etc......

Now i agree normally these are not for the faint haearted, but if i can confirm where they are and move them safely... is this still considered a risk, and not worth including?

As much as i'd like to help the community and add some useful noob-friendly tools - i don't want to go too far so to speak.

I could split the tools into categories
"Safe"
"Testing"
"Development"

Similar to the repo's to provide an example...
Very interested in any opinions, suggestions, examples or solutions people may have?

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-03-03 at 10:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
icon was old one when i updated, but in app menu it is new one....

the above is a good point also,,

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-03-03 at 12:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:

Tags
check, faulty, front camera, gps, hardware, healthcheck, test