Notices

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
Would love to see a voice recognition app, such as the one on the HTC Evo 4G. Is anybody already working on one, by any chance?
someone already developed a recording app, so it might be possible to have one in the future

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
can't you just got on the twitter & facebook websites?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by zaczg View Post
Hi all,

just to share some thought with you.

I am big user of Facebook and Twitter (it is my job - community manager), and also I use foursqure.

So, my biggest concern is this supprot on N900.

I have N900, but not using it, because there is no twitter and facebook apps for this model, is there a chance that this will be soon corrected with good apps?

because I tried witter on N900 and it is just disaster, it is not like Seesmic on Android or something like that.

So what do you use for this?

thank you all,
No need for such apps - the regular web pages work just fine.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
@zaczg

Iīm hard user of twitter, and thereīs no app for N900 that is similar to Gravity for Symbian phones.

Believe me, I have an N900, but I keep my E71 always with me, just to use twitter on Gravity.

You can try the website tweetgo.net. Itīs an web application for N900. Itīs beautiful, but itīs not a full app.

To use Foursquare, I like the Barriosquare application. But recently, an upgrade of this app, make it stop working on my N900. So, Iīm using cotchin.com/m. You should try it.

I donīt like web applications, but thatīs what we have for now.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thread "3 must have apps for N900?" with ~10 posts merged.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
@zagzg:

try "facebrick" and "tweego" app on extras-devel.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Thank you all for help... well I am very dissapointed in Nokia for this lack of support

Originally Posted by zaczg View Post
Thank you all for help... well I am very dissapointed in Nokia for this lack of support
its not most nokia's.......the developers (like nimbuzz) of the apps is also lacking support i believe. well n900 being a linux based probably makes it that way.

guys how is called the application that lets u use wifi on airplane mode or offline mode?

Originally Posted by lucifsg View Post
guys how is called the application that lets u use wifi on airplane mode or offline mode?
There is already "Cellular Modem Control" in extra-devel. very useful. After install, press power button and you'll see "Phone Mode/Tablet Mode"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 222 For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, best apps, fremantle, list, maemo, maemo 5, most useful, recommended, superlative, top, top apps