Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Does the Jolla default to 3/3.5G connections; is there a mode/method to put it in 2G, 3/3.5G, or LTE mode solely?
In Settings app: System settings: Mobile network there is "Network mode". You can select "Prefer 3G" (default) and "2G only".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by att View Post
See the previous post

64GB microSD cards are actually SDXC cards so they require reformatting to use some other filesystem than exFAT. If I remember correctly some people in this thread have reported that SDXC cards formatted with ext4 work with Jolla.
And how would one reformat an SDXC card to ext4 format using windows OS? I only see exFAT in Format option..

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
And how would one reformat an SDXC card to ext4 format using windows OS? I only see exFAT in Format option..
exFAT works too if you compile exFAT fuse support on the device yourself.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
In theory: Put the card to Jolla. Enable Developer mode and Remote connection. Set a password. Use devel-su to get root access. Check that microSDXC isn't mounted (mount | grep mmcblk1). Then reformat the card with mkfs.ext4 command.

WARNING If you format the wrong device you can brick your Jolla.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
In Settings app: System settings: Mobile network there is "Network mode". You can select "Prefer 3G" (default) and "2G only".
Any other options by any chance? I tend to force 3G only on the devices where I have that option (I spend most of my time in a concrete jungle with 3G reception everywhere).

See the previous post

64GB microSD cards are actually SDXC cards so they require reformatting to use some other filesystem than exFAT. If I remember correctly some people in this thread have reported that SDXC cards formatted with ext4 work with Jolla.
... and btrfs

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Any other options by any chance? I tend to force 3G only on the devices where I have that option (I spend most of my time in a concrete jungle with 3G reception everywhere).
No, sorry.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I'd love to have mass storage in my future Jolla, to be able to mount btrfs, ext4 or f2fs. I'd love too to have drivers for Windows/OS X for btrfs and f2fs.

About FAT and ExFAT, f*ck them. I suppose that it isn't needed to talk here about why they s*ck. I have some external disks with a minimal FAT patition just to carry an ext2 driver for Windows, and a big ext3 partition. I hope F2FS (or any other free (libre) filesystem) win the battle to ExFAT.

Last edited by malkavian; 2013-12-14 at 11:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I'd love to have mass storage in my future Jolla, to be able to mount btrfs, ext4 or f2fs. I'd love too to have drivers for Windows/OS X for btrfs and f2fs.

About FAT and ExFAT, f*ck them. I have some external disks with a minimal FAT patition just to carry an ext2 driver for Windows, and a big ext3 partition. I hope F2FS (or any other free (libre) filesystem) win the battle to ExFAT.

But sorry to say it but my guess is Microsoft will ever support F2FS so...

But ExFAT should burn or it's patent destroyed ASAP!

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Samsung (F2FS creator) is enought big in the market of gadgets to include a driver for F2FS and convince other sellers to do the same. I hope they make that movemement.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience