Active Topics

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post

- Asynchronous handling of as many events as possible (not blocking the GUI thread any more)
That's the one you need to fix to make footify great. It feels like footify hangs on login now and then, starting a new song sometimes or just changeing playlist but if I give it enough time it usually works.

A nice touch would be a spinning beachball a la os x or something to indicate it's waiting for something.

Otherwise it's great! Costs me a couple of megs from the dataplan everytime I'm stuck in traffic but it's worth it

Regards,
Henrik

Last edited by larson; 2010-06-22 at 20:10. Reason: Missing end quote

I just want to say thanks for your work, but if you necessarily want to add something to the todo, I would love to see the artist and track name via RDS when playing with FM transmitter. I have no idea how this can be done, but at least it's something to be added to the very bottom of the todo list.

I know something to add.. (maybe its already there but i cant find it).
When i search for a song i want to be able to play just one song out of the search list. How do i do that?

Oh and btw thank you for making this great client. Its my fav n900 app now.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by UlyssesNL View Post
I know something to add.. (maybe its already there but i cant find it).
When i search for a song i want to be able to play just one song out of the search list. How do i do that?
There is no general way to do this with footify. The search result is one long playlist in itself (since the Spotify server returns the result in this shape) and playing only one song in a playlist can only be done in one way: play the last song without Repeat on.

Oh and btw thank you for making this great client. Its my fav n900 app now.
I'm glad you like it.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aapeli View Post
I just want to say thanks for your work, but if you necessarily want to add something to the todo, I would love to see the artist and track name via RDS when playing with FM transmitter. I have no idea how this can be done, but at least it's something to be added to the very bottom of the todo list.
I don't need new things on my list but I do want to get ready for the push to Extras.

And I think I saw some article or thread about just what you're suggesting. I'll keep it in mind if I end up implementing FM transmitter support.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
I personally think you should work on the Asynchronous handling. Get it so that when footify is doing something we can see that it is doing something and the other little bits of tidying up (such as stop in searching when already searching or anything else that may cause it to crash) then push it to testing. You can always add the extra features such as FM transmitter afterwards.

not working for me anymore, I guess it's the same problem i had a while ago with yaspot and the "client upgrade required" issue

anybody is able to update the despotify library?

thanks...

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
not working for me anymore, I guess it's the same problem i had a while ago with yaspot and the "client upgrade required" issue

anybody is able to update the despotify library?

thanks...
it still works here

the last time it affected different users at different times as well...

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
load footify through the terminal, see what error messages you are getting?