Active Topics

Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Interesting, did you cancel your preorder, or were you ordering through PayPal or AmEx?

Just wondering if this will be open to the general populace or if it's a consolation method for those who might kick up a fuss as their other method has failed.

Erm... who is adding these tags to this thread? Some of them are a bit nasty.

I agree the Pandora's ordering system has been a bit of a shambles but I don't think it's deliberately ripping anyone off.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Interesting, did you cancel your preorder, or were you ordering through PayPal or AmEx?

Just wondering if this will be open to the general populace or if it's a consolation method for those who might kick up a fuss as their other method has failed.
I ordered through credit card to begin with, they refunded my money (well some of it) Now I can place the order via credit card again, 5 months after the original anticipated ship date.

I would send them an email if you want one, and asked to be placed on a waiting list for people who cancel orders
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Erm... who is adding these tags to this thread? Some of them are a bit nasty.

I agree the Pandora's ordering system has been a bit of a shambles but I don't think it's deliberately ripping anyone off.
I paid for a product. I did not receive the product. I then received some of my money back.

the tags all seem fine to me? Of course I may have added a few of them
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I ordered through credit card to begin with, they refunded my money (well some of it) Now I can place the order via credit card again, 5 months after the original anticipated ship date.
Yeah, I also paid using CC, was refunded all my money (as I'm in the UK), and am still tempted (as long as it's CC, so I can back out of the company goes under and nothing ever turns up).

I wonder if this implies that the devices will be out soon, then again soon is a relative term for this project

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Yeah, I also paid using CC, was refunded all my money (as I'm in the UK), and am still tempted (as long as it's CC, so I can back out of the company goes under and nothing ever turns up).

I wonder if this implies that the devices will be out soon, then again soon is a relative term for this project

6:14 am (50 minutes ago)
Hi,

The estimated ship date is June - updates are posted on our website blog.

You only need to repay the amount you were refunded - please let me know the total of your refund.

Thanks
Jacquelyn

Well they say June, The amount I was refunded is now more than it costs ith the exchange rate....

pb

Well they say June, The amount I was refunded is now more than it costs ith the exchange rate....
I say go with the lower figure then, if you're going to re-order.

I still think there is a high chance they will never ship. I am still angry about all the 'games' they played. With the changes in exchange rates, they will probably ask me to pay 20% more than what they refunded me.

Yet when I got this reorder email I immediately took out my credit card. What does it say about me?

Interesting, I've not had a re-order email.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
I still think there is a high chance they will never ship. I am still angry about all the 'games' they played. With the changes in exchange rates, they will probably ask me to pay 20% more than what they refunded me.
I think people in Britain are genuinely having trouble comprehending their currency's massive weakness.

For example the euro and pound were almost 1:1 at one point, which meant that anything priced in pounds was the same in euros. This led to some interesting price comparisons:

Nintendo DS Lite in eurozone = 150 euros = 150 pounds
Nintendo DS Lite in UK = 100 pounds = 100 euros

It meant that people who sold imported hardware in the UK suddenly found that even 30% profit margins were being totally wiped out, and were forced to raise their prices simply to make up for the pound's weakness. The manufacturers weren't earning any more from those raised prices, all they were doing was standing still.

But when the price rises on imported goods started to happen, a lot of people in Britain didn't understand it and claimed they were being cheated somehow.

UK-based forums discussing price increases due to the weakness of the pound are quite interesting, some people comprehend the reasons for prices going up while others seem to just take a "naa naa naa not listening!" attitude. Look at the comments thread on this article for example:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uk...-have-to-go-up

Last edited by krisse; 2009-05-14 at 12:46.

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox