Active Topics

well, i have contacted mugen and they don't allow me to buy the back cover only.
finally i bought it from ebay with very expensive shipping cost to my country. so it cost me 14 dollar for back cover and 28 dollar for shipping cost.

The Following User Says Thank You to swijaya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by swijaya View Post
well, i have contacted mugen and they don't allow me to buy the back cover only.
finally i bought it from ebay with very expensive shipping cost to my country. so it cost me 14 dollar for back cover and 28 dollar for shipping cost.
Did you only contact them or did you just place an order from the backdoor link with the XL 900 cover number??

I have ordered 2 total so far and have not had any problems, even if i never have bought a mugen battery of any kind ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Email from Yesterday
Dear -----------------------
Your order # *********** has been
Complete.

Your order was shipped today.

You can expect to receive it in 5-10 working days. (*) Please note that 5-10 working days is approximate figure and not guaranteed. It can depend on Your country actual weather conditions, postal workers strikes, seasonal high traffic etc.

You can track your package here:

http://******

Normally 99% of all packages get delivered without any issues, here are some tips to help you get yours on-time and without trouble:

1) it takes 4-24 hours for package to appear online, so if you do not see any info visiting the link above, please try again later.

2) Your order is sent as registered mail labeled RB***********HK.

3) Registered mail is normally delivered by your regular postman or you will get a notice that you have to pick it up at the local post office.

4) Many countries (but unfortunately not all of them) offer online tracking for registered mail. Please check the above link to see if your country is in the list or check you country post office website for more info.

5) If you do not pick up the package and it is sent back to us we will happily re-send it to you but only if you pay for the postage. In order to avoid this, if you will not receive your order within 2 weeks, please contact your local post office and enquire about registered mail labeled RB**********HK.

We thank you for your order! If you have any questions or need additional info, please contact us on this email address and we will be happy to assist you!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at etradeasiacs@gmail.com.

Thank you again,
Mugen Power Batteries
------------------------------------------------

So it can be done..........................

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-01-04 at 16:34.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Did you only contact them or did you just place an order from the backdoor link with the XL 900 cover number??

I have ordered 2 total so far and have not had any problems, even if i never have bought a mugen battery of any kind ever.
They (Mugen) probably by now know about this thread and have changed the policy. It indeed makes no much sense to spend almost $100 for the battery, if you could get it with so little DIY-work just for fraction of that. Mugen may think same way, it doesn't make sense to sell them just the cover, at least not cheaply.

I got my extra cover last spring when I first got the Mugen battery with the original design-flawed back cover and later they sent the fixed and improved cover.

I guess Mugen still could sell just the covers for the right price if asked nicely. They do want to make profit even if it would be just selling back covers.

Or maby you could just try to buy it directly from the link, and not ask if it is possible, thats what i did this second time and i ordered it January 1, 2011, 7$ shipped.
So unless they suddenly changed there policy in the last 3 days you should be able to order it.

Again: it's https://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...backdoor.html# and order HLI-N900XL

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Just a quick note to say MANGE TAK dr_frost_dk for all your work, I ordered a couple of Japods based on your recommendation and they are BY FAR the best non-original batteries I've ever used.

Thanks again mate!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Or maby you could just try to buy it directly from the link, and not ask if it is possible, thats what i did this second time and i ordered it January 1, 2011, 7$ shipped.
So unless they suddenly changed there policy in the last 3 days you should be able to order it.

Again: it's https://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...backdoor.html# and order HLI-N900XL
Dear dr_frost_dk,

I don't care what mugen emailed me to prohibit to buy the cover only since it doesn't make sense. Imagine if somebody buy the used phone with the extended battery inside and the cover suddenly broken, and for getting the back cover, he also has to buy a battery replacement.

dr_frost_dk, I followed your suggestion to buy from the link you provided.
Today they shipped the back cover and I've got the tracking number.

Thank you bro,

Dear dr_frost_dk,

I don't care what mugen emailed me to prohibit to buy the cover only since it doesn't make sense. Imagine if somebody buy the used phone with the extended battery inside and the cover suddenly broken, and for getting the back cover, he also has to buy a battery replacement.

dr_frost_dk, I followed your suggestion to buy from the link you provided.
Today they shipped the back cover and I've got the tracking number.

Thank you bro,
In addition, I also canceled my order to ebay. it save me a lot

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Just a quick note to say MANGE TAK dr_frost_dk for all your work, I ordered a couple of Japods based on your recommendation and they are BY FAR the best non-original batteries I've ever used.

Thanks again mate!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Det var så lidt ( You are welcome )

In addition, I also canceled my order to ebay. it save me a lot
hehe i was going to ask you that, im really glad that i got you to get the cover from mugen, this thread is about once and for all testing what battery is the best instead of people just thinking that the battery they bought is the best, and the mod side is the ultimate cheapness , getting a BIG battery for a fraction of the cost of the complete mugen package...

i don't think that mugen has found this thread, and if they do will they try to check up on if the user has the battery or not....?

if mugen where to read this, my suggestion to mugen would be to dump their price down from 100$ to 30$ - 45$ then they would sell more battery's then now.

But until now you out there can use this guide to make a cheaper AND better battery, if you are not the most technical person (hardware) maybe you have a friend that can help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Just an update:
Just received my second mugen cover.

I have now included a QBW script for you out there that wants to know the REAL capacity left on your N900

This is Version 1.0 and is precise to 2%

It is at Page #1, Post #3

some feedback on the QBW script would be nice.
When i have time i will make a new graph with 3 digits numbers for more precession, this would be Version 2.0 and should be precise to 0.5%

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-01-10 at 11:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc