Active Topics

that is AWESOME!!!! i have gotten spoiled with that evil n95 promising me things to come like amazing pic quality in future nokia devices

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
oh no....i hope it doesnt mess anything up on my handset! ~~

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by HoustonKV View Post
Can anyone sum up the best way to fix this?

1) I am fine to paint it should I paint the blue edge
shiny black or matte black

2) should I paint the chrome?
white shiny white matte black shiny black matte
1) Yes, it helps a lot. Matte is probably better, but shiny does work.

2) I painted it, tried to reproduce Slender's test, and could not find any haze. I used black nail polish/paint, it's surprisingly durable. It's glossy, but less so than the front bezel.

If you don't want to paint the chrome, it seems to me that since the white haze is at the top of the picture, a way to at least partially avoid it is to set your pictures to widescreen mode.

A new back cover costs about €20, so the risk is limited.

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
1) Yes, it helps a lot. Matte is probably better, but shiny does work.

2) I painted it, tried to reproduce Slender's test, and could not find any haze. I used black nail polish/paint, it's surprisingly durable. It's glossy, but less so than the front bezel.

If you don't want to paint the chrome, it seems to me that since the white haze is at the top of the picture, a way to at least partially avoid it is to set your pictures to widescreen mode.

A new back cover costs about €20, so the risk is limited.
thank you for a concise and timely reply

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I`m not sure what causes this.....but even with covering the crome didn`t help a bit!

It always happens in a room at night (low light conditions) when you capture a photo with a 45 degrees angle.....it happens when you have an object at the left side closer to you and you don`t have an object on the right side of the frame!Voila, blue haze at the right upper corner....I can reproduce this almost all the time!If I want the blue haze I just put an object on the left side of the frame around 2-3 meters away (with a 45 degrees angle....this is crucial!) and I get the blue haze.

Hope there is a fix to this....it is annoying!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
@Sophoca: Did you cover the blue part of the slider ? Try to reproduce with the backplate off. Also make sure your lens is clean, in high contrast situations like flash photography even slight grease and/or dust particles on the lens can cause haze.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
@Sophoca: Did you cover the blue part of the slider ? Try to reproduce with the backplate off. Also make sure your lens is clean, in high contrast situations like flash photography even slight grease and/or dust particles on the lens can cause haze.
Yes the blue part is covered as well and the lense is clean....I don`t think it has anything to do with the crome or the blue part (the blue part of the slider is not reflective anyways)....i think it is a software issue.Haven`t tried to take the cover off....whats the purpose of doing this, we are not gonna go around taking pictures without the cover anyways, but if the cover is faulty then Nokia is screwed.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I often have the feeling if the blue part *was* reflective, we would have less problems as the light would be reflected sideways, and not scattered on the matte surface (and thus partially back onto the sensor). Anyhow, taking a picture without the backplate could help you isolate the source of your problem. You can't fix it if you don't know what's wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I often have the feeling if the blue part *was* reflective, we would have less problems as the light would be reflected sideways, and not scattered on the matte surface (and thus partially back onto the sensor).
I covered a blue part with black electric tape. No haze anymore. (I don't do any with silver part)

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Haven`t tried to take the cover off....whats the purpose of doing this, we are not gonna go around taking pictures without the cover anyways, but if the cover is faulty then Nokia is screwed.
It will prove if it's software, or a problem with the case design.

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate