Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I have verified sets, since Mame4all requires 34/35b roms. They work fine on the Dell Axim, Dingoo, PSP, Droid and G1. All use the same set.

Some play better than others, with G1 and Droid being the best.
As i said, this is the latest version of MAME (0.135uX). ROMs intended for 0.35 from years ago are really not likely to work properly with it.

bmouring: sounds like it's probably a problem with the compiler optimizations then. Don't sweat testing with another ROM; i'll push the unoptimized package to the autobuilder when i get back to my dev box on Christmas. Then test.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
An update on SDLMAME: i'm getting the "Bad instruction" error, even with the unoptimized binary, so the upstream source isn't ready for armel yet. I feel a lot of packing of structs and aligning of arrays coming on...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
As i said, this is the latest version of MAME (0.135uX). ROMs intended for 0.35 from years ago are really not likely to work properly with it.

bmouring: sounds like it's probably a problem with the compiler optimizations then. Don't sweat testing with another ROM; i'll push the unoptimized package to the autobuilder when i get back to my dev box on Christmas. Then test.

Sorry- had MAME4ALL stuck in my brain. I am used to 34b/35 romsets being the files ran on portables. I have 135 too, but the set is HUGE. 20gb plus huge. Of course, a lot of those are hard drive games or games like Dead or Alive that run slow on Atom netbook cpus and mobile core duos. Take up too much space as well (HD games do).

No problem though, since MAME can be sorted by CPU and you can then pick out games that should work fine. Neo Geo also plays smooth with sound on the DS, Droid and PSP, so the N900 should be good for em'.

A lot of great CPS2 and Cave games play very well on Droid and the PSP, so MAME should find a happy home on the N900

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-12-28 at 05:24.

does anybody know if its possible to change the controls at vgb and vgba?
i got the qwertz keyboard and the arrow keys there suck for gaming...
heeelp plz

Originally Posted by bmouring View Post
Just checking, but even wit no ROMs in the /opt/sdlmame/roms/ directory, shouldn't it open up and just have nothing to run? I ask since this failure occurs before I even have a chance to run the ROM. I'll still give some of my other ROMs a try, and grab a 34/35b ROM if I don't already have one.
How do you access that directory or put roms in it? Do you add the directory in storage mode?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Im not sure if this has been said before, but you can play gba games in full screen by holding ctrl and then enter.

Originally Posted by WAAAH View Post
does anybody know if its possible to change the controls at vgb and vgba?
i got the qwertz keyboard and the arrow keys there suck for gaming...
heeelp plz

The dev that kindly made the apps (almost all that work on the N900) posts on this forum, but the answer right now at least is "no". The SNES app is the only one that can be key mapped ATM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Hellow

Atari ST emulation with Hatari emulator is now available in extra-devel

http://maemo.org/packages/view/hatari
http://maemo.org/packages/view/hatari-ui
http://maemo.org/packages/view/emutos-512k

Thanks to Eero Tamminen for this wonderful work

Atari ST Emulation thread : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=27059

Thanks also to joksanen for this Youtube video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_GcCgkH6xM&hd=1

Anwarboy11 : Can you change the status of Hatari on the first page of this thread ? Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dactar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
An update on SDLMAME: i'm getting the "Bad instruction" error, even with the unoptimized binary, so the upstream source isn't ready for armel yet. I feel a lot of packing of structs and aligning of arrays coming on...
It turns out the problem indeed was alignment, but with a twist: it looks like the alignment fixup routine of the kernel isn't able to detect VFP/AdvSIMD instructions.

I have proposed a patch for SDLMAME here:
http://www.bannister.org/forums/ubbt...r=56686&page=5

It probably isn't enough, but I'm now blocked by my n900 that doesn't accept user inputs. I guess I need to understand how SDL and Maemo work together

The Following User Says Thank You to ldesnogu For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi i have downloaded theses to my computer can anyone quickly tell me how to load them onto my n900?

And can i load them all?? and then just use my ROMS

Last edited by imation_nz; 2010-01-03 at 03:10.