Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Did anyone test fennec 2 beta already ?
Yes. I've been testing it for a few months now. It's VERY similar to 1.1 --- except a lot of the addons don't work and there are couple of extra options in the options menu (e.g., browser switchboard.)

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by taril View Post
Enable flash:

1. delete /home/user/.mozilla/fennec and /home/user/.mozilla/firefox folders
2. start Fennec
3. enter url about:config
4. search for plugin
5. set false to plugin.default_plugin_disabled and plugin.disable
6. restart Fennec
Interestingly I did not have a firefox folder under .mozilla directory even though I am running firefox 1.1, I only had fennec directory. So I renamed my fennec directory to fnc.old, started firefox 1.1, set the plugin options and voila! Flash is working like a charm and browsing in general is even faster than before. I suspect renaming my fennec directory got rid of some junk I no longer needed (aside from my bookmarks and cookies).

So nothing yet with disabling portrait?

Setting toolkit.screen.lock to true will shut it off if the keyboard is out.

But fully disable, can't figure it out.

This program sucks battery hard. I went through 2 bars very quickly. I may try it out again but I can't stomach that kind of power drain.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
This program sucks battery hard. I went through 2 bars very quickly. I may try it out again but I can't stomach that kind of power drain.
I normally have Firefox open all day with 3-4 tabs open and almost no impact to power usage.

2 things to check:

1. If you have flash enabled it's possible that if you leave an active flash site running it could gobble power.

2. Check with top or Conky to see if Firefox is gobbling up CPU cycles. Will be listed as 'fennec'. It only happened once in months of heavy use, but one time it did get 'stuck' and I had to do 'killall fennec'. That has happened with MicroB a couple of times, too.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
@RWFarley:
All settings and bookmarks and extensions of Fennec are stored in /home/user/.mozilla/fennec

In Firefox 3, bookmarks are stored in the places.sqlite file. As you have nothing to lose on PC, I recommend you to try and copy places.sqlite from Fennec on N900 to Firefox on PC. It's stored on PC in folder

%APPDATA%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default

You can try copying "places.sqlite-journal", together with "places.sqlite", to your PC.
I found the files on the N900 and copied them, but I don't see where on the PC to put them. I see no *.default sub-directory, no *.sqlite file, and no Profiles sub-directory.

Is that because I never finish installing Sync on the PC? To Do so will wipe the data from Sync.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
"places.sqlite-journal", together with "places.sqlite", aren't related to Sync at all.

If you have started Firefox at PC once, you do have a profile folder in Profiles sub-directory. The only question is: Where? It depends on your operating system.
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

Yeah, but it runs google docs balls out.
Also AJAX gmail works quick and smooth (can't get microb off gmail mobile...sheeez)

dcarter

So fennec is continuing to run after being closed. I'm having to kill the process every time. I changed the auto.update feature. I didn't want it checking automatically for updates as it would try to negotiate a connection when I was not willing to provide one, and other battery wasting things.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2d

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
Yeah, but it runs google docs balls out.
Also AJAX gmail works quick and smooth (can't get microb off gmail mobile...sheeez)

dcarter
GMAIL MICROB
1. enter url about:config
2. accept warning
3. search for google
4. edit ua.policy.mail.google.com
5. correct at the end Firefox/0.8 to Firefox/3.6.6
6. restart microb
7. gmail.com -> scroll down and switch to Basic HTML Mode

Enjoy!

Last edited by taril; 2010-07-10 at 16:36.

Tags
fennec, firefox