Active Topics

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
No you can't because only the Jolla phone has Alien Dalvik support. An N9 flashed with Sailfish won't run Android apps.
You know any apps fir dvb-h/t currently on Sailfish? If I flash to sailfish, can I install such and have it workin?

Kindly advice.

Last edited by Freddie; 2014-06-11 at 18:29.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Hello,

Does someone know how to add an app as "Device Administrator" on the Jolla?
In Android, there is a menu in Settings for that, but i am unable to find my way to do this on the Jolla.

Best regards.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone can get the Official F1 App to work with Jolla. Does it require Google Play services or some other bells and whistles? Can you generally use the paid features of an Android app on Jolla?

It hangs at the intro splash screen for me. I've used it on my ThinkPad laptop with Genymotion Android emulator, but it's a resource hog and I couldn't get it to work with Genymotion's latest version at all.

Of course for 10 years I enjoyed using the official Java web Live Timing on PC, but they couldn't just offer that for a premium price, no they had to intentionally cripple it (no sector times) so people would have to buy some Android piece of a junk instead.

Actually from my experience it's quite rare that an Android app doesn't start at all with Jolla. I remember one game that didn't start.

Last edited by hana; 2014-07-31 at 11:48.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone can get the Official F1 App to work with Jolla. Does it require Google Play services or some other bells and whistles? Can you generally use the paid features of an Android app on Jolla?

It hangs at the intro splash screen for me. I've used it on my ThinkPad laptop with Genymotion Android emulator, but it's a resource hog and I couldn't get it to work with Genymotion's latest version at all.

Of course for 10 years I enjoyed using the official Java web Live Timing on PC, but they couldn't just offer that for a premium price, no they had to intentionally cripple it (no sector times) so people would have to buy some Android piece of a junk instead.

Actually from my experience it's quite rare that an Android app doesn't start at all with Jolla. I remember one game that didn't start.
I downloaded just other day Avicii - Gravity -android game and it crashes just after starting screen.

Has anyone tried the new premium version of Sports Tracker? It has some really cool features such as " Ghost target" where you can compete against your best run on a route etc. It also has Openstreetmaps now which might make the maps function properly on Jolla (the standard one didn't).

Hi everybody,

I installed Tapatalk from APK and everything is running fine except notifications which get never fired. It looks like it does not subscribe correctly to the push notifications services of the forum or something.

Has anyone a working setup with Tapatalk at SailfishOS?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
can i get root in Android apps?i had trid to put su in /system/bin and chomd it 4755.but i cant get root still.
http://bbs.dospy.com/forum-315-1.html

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Yes, you can. There is an app from Coderus in Openrepos called Superuser.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I couldn't install Viral anymore, it gives some error about the package. So I found a new app for streaming videos: TubeMate.

The great thing about it is that I can launch HD videos straight into the Sailfish Browser's native player which has perfect audio sync and plays also in cover mode and with display off.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Can someone post files and directories associated with the alien dalvik package?
I would love to find somewhere where an in depth how-it-works is documented.

Tags
aindroid, essential apps