Active Topics

Notices

Latest version (thumb) of OMP still gives me dreaded "spamming new window, then switch to internet radio mode" bug. Sadly, running it from terminal doesn't give any meaningful (aka different from others, working videos) output, so I'm only able to give a "talking" bug report:

Video starts and first 3 seconds are played as they should, then, all of sudden, it closes and start spam-opening new windows at fast rate. Then, it settle on internet radio window, with filename of video file I requested, doing nothing (obviously, as my video isn't proper streaming radio station).

The file in question is .flv (grabbed from some streaming video site), and should be played perfectly fine by OMP re profiles use din encoding, etc. Is there any meaningful way I can help in debugging? If not, maybe PM'ing link to file in question could help?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
syslog flooding should be avoided, it takes CPU for IO write operations (to ubifs rootfs - which is compressed).
By "normal" I did not mean that it is fine. I meant that other MAFW applications do that too and not by their choice.

The culprit is g_debug() called from libmafw-shared0. I've compiled it without MAFW_DEBUG and the syslog is clean. Now I wonder if it's possible to disable g_debug() from OMP's side or perhaps if it's better to upload modified mafw-shared to the repositories so that other applications can remain quiet too.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Latest version (thumb) of OMP still gives me dreaded "spamming new window, then switch to internet radio mode" bug. Sadly, running it from terminal doesn't give any meaningful (aka different from others, working videos) output, so I'm only able to give a "talking" bug report:
As far as I know, it is impossible to simply ask MAFW whether it's playing video or audio only. OMP tries to guess that, mainly based on the availability of video codec info from the renderer, but I've seen cases where even the renderer doesn't provide the info (RTSP streams). If the attached version does not work, you'll probably have to send me the video for investigation.

I know where window spamming might be coming from, but I haven't seen it myself for a long time, so if you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you pointed me to the video no matter if the attached version works or not.
Attached Files
File Type: gz openmediaplayer_test+thumb.tar.gz (327.6 KB, 78 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Attached version fixes the problem Of course, as requested, I'll send you problematic video (which triggered spamming windows before attached file's version), as it's no longer available in original place (some news site with streaming content, grabbed via movgrab), as soon as I'll be on net with upload faster than 80 kilobits/s Which means, in few days.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
...perhaps if it's better to upload modified mafw-shared to the repositories so that other applications can remain quiet too.
Thank you. Best wishes.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
The culprit is g_debug() called from libmafw-shared0. I've compiled it without MAFW_DEBUG and the syslog is clean. Now I wonder if it's possible to disable g_debug() from OMP's side or perhaps if it's better to upload modified mafw-shared to the repositories so that other applications can remain quiet too.
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.3...og-set-handler

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Any port for the N9?

By "normal" I did not mean that it is fine. I meant that other MAFW applications do that too and not by their choice.

We can recompile libmafw-shared0 in CSSU without MAFW_DEBUG.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
We can recompile libmafw-shared0 in CSSU without MAFW_DEBUG.
There is no need, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1545

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
talking about the syslog flood...

In the latest weeks (i don't know exactly since when) i'm observing that omp is very slow before start playing videos
It can take also 30/40 seconds and in the meanwhile it fills syslog of:

openmediaplayer[30667]: GLIB DEBUG mafw-dbus - send: [method] com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer: com.nokia.mafw.renderer.get_position()

then, when it starts, video plays fine without any problem.
Then, i select another one....big delay ... and so on...

Ideas?

EDIT.
also one request.. Is it possible to change the gui behavior when selecting a video to show the controls (play/pause... ecc) as default and then make them disapperar?
Now, due to the previous issue, the screen becomes completely black and i can't understand if OMP is paused, hanged, or playing a completely black part of the video.

Another good feature would be an option to enable/disable the video play from last position (really, who needs to resume the video playback?)

Last edited by xes; 2013-12-15 at 01:44.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
+1 to the above, same issues. Just a little reminder, BTW - as confirmed earlier, custom version from few posts above fixed the "trying to open video as radio and spam windows as result" bug, while one in repos still suffers it, for some video files.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse