Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by salle74 View Post
I have a problem, and using the latest version. When connected to a wlan and on havoc mode...Receiving is not a problem only sending.
I have the same problem on 0.9.14. When on havoc mode + wifi, receiving is perfect. It switches to the correct apn in the background when needed. But sending does not. I think it tries to use the wifi.

Last edited by ceevee; 2010-04-30 at 17:02.

this is getting closer and closer to the real deal... thanks mate....

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Grr.. im getting so frustrated with this... ive tried older versions, newer versions, but no matter what, i cannot get it to send a thing,

ive phoned Vodafone UK, and they keep telling me N900's dont do MMS, and they cant help with the settings, but can confirm MMS is active on my account.

anyone else having probs on Vodafone UK??

all seem to have gone wrong from the point i sent myself a test MMS, (cant remember which version now, 0.72 to 0.9 something) and i recieved the MMS message, but ALSO, recieved an SMS saying i need to go to the vodafone website to retrieve it ???

Anyone?

Cheers Ross.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
OK, so i thought id have a play and foned voadfone again. seem to have got it working,... at last...

Did following

Removed battery whilst on.
removed sim
fired back up without sim
removed batt again whilst on
replaced sim
fired back up.
went to Phone network settings and tried to change to orange, failed. (of course it would)
phone was then offline.
went back to settings, and reselcted voadafone UK.

in the mean time, i got the guy at vodafone to switch off my MMS, then reactivate it.

set username and password to WAP and USER

and it works.!

only problem i have now, is even if i set my connection to Vodafone GPRS only, it keeps connecting to the MMS access point for internet.??? any ideas??

Cheers Ross.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Jorå jag förstod det

Who knows, if someone ports ffmpeg it should be trivial to add the correct parts to fMMS... I *think*
You'll still need to put the formatting bit in to the SMIL to indicate it's video. That's something you can test now by getting a couple smaller videos and using them to test from phone to phone. I'm curious, is there an indicator for the type of video? Right now I know there are at least 2 popular formats for video on cells (3pg and mp4), and a ton of audio formats (acc, amr, mp3, mid, etc). Is there a SMIL spec for each type, just a generic "video" flag, or both?

Rescaling can be done lots of places (and honestly people are probably going to want to recale and clip a segment from a larger video). I think the bigger concern is getting the flagging right to be able to transmit a file after it's been massaged into the right format.

Great work as always, and looking forward to the 1.0 release! Let me know when it's ready and I can test/thumb-up it!

Ive been doing some playing around, seems as other phones accept my .3gp vids if i send some text with it. Ofc this will prolly depend on the reciver phone atleast it worked with 5800 and n85.

mencoder currently doesnt support amr(3gp sound standard) out of the box but i stumbled over a page with amr install instructions
so i dropped the maintainer of mplayer(n900) a line about it, ill keep you updated if i get an answer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ixxe For This Useful Post:
Can anyone tell me how this works, I have had both fapn and fmms since forever and it has never worked. i am in the US, Tmobile is my carrier and I have just downloaded the lastest version of fmms hoping for better luck 0.9.14 but no change, I follow these steps:
top I click configure
AP: wap.voicestream.com
proxy: 216.155.165.50
port 9021
mmsc http://208.67.216.231/servlets/mms
set to rude
its resizes for a moment then dissappears but ppl dont get my message
i tried on polite, and havoc and they time out. I tried the alt ports and mmsc addresses as well no change.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by markyt23 View Post
Can anyone tell me how this works, I have had both fapn and fmms since forever and it has never worked. i am in the US, Tmobile is my carrier and I have just downloaded the lastest version of fmms hoping for better luck 0.9.14 but no change, I follow these steps:
top I click configure
AP: wap.voicestream.com
proxy: 216.155.165.50
port 9021
mmsc http://208.67.216.231/servlets/mms
set to rude
its resizes for a moment then dissappears but ppl dont get my message
i tried on polite, and havoc and they time out. I tried the alt ports and mmsc addresses as well no change.
Try port 8080

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ CANADA
What are you guys doing about the MMS APN being used by the phone as an internet connection. I mean when coming off of WIFI or after restarting it seems like the phone selects one of the connections at random. This is quite annoying because now I'm always checking my connection to make sure Im connected correctly. Is there any way to have my main internet connection treated as preferred or something else that will fixed this problem?

Other than that great app, works great!

To everyone who has problems with the wrong APN being chosen (which should be all of you); I'm looking in to this and trying to find a way to make this work. Unfortunately the buggy component is a Nokia proprietary one, so we don't know how it works and cannot fix it directly.

I've been trying some workarounds but unfortunately things do not seem to work the way Nokia has described them. Might have to do some reverse engineering on this thing...

Bug report for those interested:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476

The Following User Says Thank You to Ossman For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python