Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
because it's not good-ole days anymore. every 2nd startup is a scam. that's why one should be very attentive before sending his money anywhere. even very little suspicions things should be taken into account. demanding money without having device in stock is VERY suspicious.
I hope that you realize it's not just anyone we're here talking about...
show some respect, or just don't say anything at all...

Edit:
I hope that you also realize that a lot other companies like even Nokia HMD takes payment weeks before shipping. They said that as early as February. Also I checked that when they will announce payment details they will fully comply with EU regulations including full return / refund and warranty. It's not crowdfunding.

Even there is a supply chain to manage, they need to make sure continuous shipment and which needs preparation months ahead. I assume that they can only do small amount upfront but for future shipment they need to prepare ahead...

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-07-03 at 18:52.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
because it's not good-ole days anymore. every 2nd startup is a scam. that's why one should be very attentive before sending his money anywhere. even very little suspicions things should be taken into account. demanding money without having device in stock is VERY suspicious.
every 2nd startup never actually showed more than a few concept renders. That's not the case here. Obviously.
So, do you really think that someone would bother to make an actual working slider phone, then change the screen with very good explanation why just to take some money in a few weeks window while tho whole thing is going on for more than a year?
Once again, they don't demand any money. Yet. And if someone is VERY suspicious then it simply does not have to pay when they will ask for it.
But considering that pro 1 will most likely be available only via their web page, one will always have to pay in advance. 3 days or three weeks, but still in advance.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Good thing the EU actually has the 14-day window to check a product, if I don't like the phone I could always send it back and stick with my N900 for another 10 years or so.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Come to one of the community meetings. See the prototypes, see the excitement of people that worked on the project. I doubt that you can fake it to this level.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Come to one of the community meetings. See the prototypes, see the excitement of people that worked on the project. I doubt that you can fake it to this level.
Appreciated.

But do you think 'tablet scam'/Neo900/... was fake?

Disclaimer: not chiming in into the discussion. And definitely not taking part on any (negative) side.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
But do you think 'tablet scam'/Neo900/... was fake?
No.

There's always some risk, and everyone is different from risk/reward stand point.

I wouldn't suggest to put an preorder(or buying a smartphone or other toy) if it's going to hurt your budget.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Look for Gizmondo handheld console.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
Look for Gizmondo handheld console.
Even though it was the Swedish mob who did the Gizmondo, they still delivered it. And I have it. So, what is your point other than trolling...??

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
But yes, Video is definitely planned.
Thank You Mosen. I really hope this is possible.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
So, what is your point other than trolling...??
I like to think that Trzyzet was trying to subtly explain to the cynics and naysayers why it is that any company would be (and should be) very guarded about what information it releases and when, regardless of how open they want to be.

Of course, even if I'm correct, it will have sailed straight over the heads of the target audience, because of that same cynicism

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit