Active Topics

when the full screen clock is active, would it be possible to override backlight settings so that it could be used as a kind of desk clock?
What do you mean?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
when i tap the clock in asui, it goes full screen. But if i then leave the N800 to idle the backlight controls kick in and eventually blacks out the screen. It would be nice to have the option to override that so that i can have the N800 sit on a table or something showing me what time it is without me having to awaken the screen each time i want to have a look.

I'm missing something: I don't see the mute button with 0.2.9.

I really have problems with the screen being active while dim/dark. There aren't enough dead zones in the ASUI window where I can tap without causing something to change. I particularly don't like that the volume changes when I tap anywhere in the rectangle; I'd really much prefer that to be active only by dragging the slider from its current position.

Could you put something in the project's web site to indicate the current revision number? On the top of the About page, for instance.

So you want the screen to stay lit until the battery dies? If you plug the device in the screen will stay lit unless you disabled that in the control panel.

There's a dbus call that is suppose to keep the screen from blanking and must be called every minute but it doesn't seem to work. I'd probably have to save control panel settings, modify them while the clock is fullscreen and then restore when you close it.

Originally Posted by mcow View Post
observe the dotted border around the volume number.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
There's a dbus call that is suppose to keep the screen from blanking and must be called every minute but it doesn't seem to work. I'd probably have to save control panel settings, modify them while the clock is fullscreen and then restore when you close it.
It works for me from the command line, so may be you are calling it wrong.

It works for me from the command line, so may be you are calling it wrong.
@ maacruz - how are you calling it?

The ASUI window does not redraw itself after a notification (such as "Offline mode activated") is displayed.
@mcow - does this still happen in recent versions?

Its the box below the volume slider with the value in it. Does your volume widget not look like the one from the screenshots?

I really have problems with the screen being active while dim/dark. There aren't enough dead zones in the ASUI window where I can tap without causing something to change.
Ack! You don't have touchscreen autolock when it blanks, I just changed the setting and see that ASUI is sent the tap that unblanks screen. I will fix this.

The empty spots along the top, the left side of the battery widget that has the percentage and the left side of the GPS widget are all dead spots. There are only four long press spots on the screen so you could press and hold anywhere on the far right side of the screen and nothing will happen when you release, assuming you had it in landscape mode. When in portrait mode the entire botom right half ignores long presses. So if you know which orientation the device was in when it blanked... but I will fix this soon.

I particularly don't like that the volume changes when I tap anywhere in the rectangle; I'd really much prefer that to be active only by dragging the slider from its current position.
I did that so you'd have the largest possible area to change the sliders. The bottom areas on either side of the mute button will become buttons to step the volume. And you will still be able to tap to change volume when I implement dragging for the sliders.

Could you put something in the project's web site to indicate the current revision number? On the top of the About page, for instance.
What about this page?

--

X sometimes doesn't send my taps to ASUI until I touch the screen a second time so I usually press the "battery" or "gps" text to wake up X so it sends the original press.

tso asked about confirmation to avoid accidental taps that start/stop services. What if I added a setting to require double taps for everything instead of single taps. This would not only solve accidental taps but might also fix the problem with X not immediately sending single taps or at least allow one to tap anywhere on the screen to make X send the double tap. Should this setting be on by default, would most of you enable it?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest="com.nokia.mce" "/com/nokia/mce/request" "com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause"

not sure if applying double tap to the whole makes sense. i wanted a confirm on the services because the turnaround from a accidental tap is so long. was the menu button planned to be used for something?

Thanks for pointing out the mute button; the visual is a little subtle, but now that I know, it works fine.
> The ASUI window does not redraw itself after a notification
> (such as "Offline mode activated") is displayed.
@mcow - does this still happen in recent versions?
That problem has been fixed, thanks.

I agree with tso that double-tap doesn't seem like such a good idea.

I'm a dummy for missing the "news" page on qzx.com.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox