Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Are the N900 and the computer from you are trying to make connection behind same LAN (don't know correct term but i have wifi/network switch in home where my computers are connected and they can communicate with each other, inbound connections from outside networks are blocked by service provider, some switch/adsl modems block connection between wifi and ethernet)

You have installed openssh server from repositories and gave it password in install and youa re sure that password is correctly entered to winscp(or whatever you are using to connect n900) username is root. Try to reboot n900.

Originally Posted by ashyk36 View Post
i only get that error message. well i wanted to transfer an app from my computer. ive folllowed the instruactions so yes i installed the open ssh server and i put in my password. ive downloaded winscp and i entered the details. i then press login and i get that error message. Both my computer and n900 are connected to my home wifi
Try pinging the N900 from your computer. Also ping your computer from the N900.

Double check IP addresses.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
ive tried restarting the same thing happens.

how to a 'ping'?

winkey+r
cmd
ping n900ipaddress

should give you results if not then something is wrong.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
winkey+r
cmd
ping n900ipaddress

should give you results if not then something is wrong.
tried this. it works but the application still doesnt work

Try to also ping your computer from n900 x-terminal. (don remember if ping works only for root)

Some things to check
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_connection_refused

Double check firewall from your pc (3rd party, av-software might have it integrated and windows own)

i have tried disabling the firewall and letting the program through but it still doesnt work. is there any other way i can transfer the file to my device?

You can always connect it with usb cable and copy stuff from desktop to /Mydocs and then move it on device to /home/opt dir.

Still itīs weird that you canīt connect with winscp. Could it be that your home wifi block connections on some ports. ssh uses 22.

no idea.... you no how computers are sometimes!!!!! il try sending it over that wayyyyyy.i really wana start developing apps for my n900.....any tips????

any tips? Read first post :| and read click links and give yourself lots of time to read and read and read and then try coding with some little app. There is probably other how to start developing threads here just use power search for talk and wiki area.