Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I ordered one, but I'm not sure when it's due, or whether I will actually use it.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Well it looks as if you guys will have plenty of space under the cover. You could add a magnet like this guy did. That if mugen doesn't fix it.

x

Mugen is working on redesigning the back cover to fix this memory card issue (got email).

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Has anyone tried holding a fridge magnet over the Mugen back cover... does the camera continue to work? My suspicion is that Mugen will have to do more than just add a magnet.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Has anyone tried holding a fridge magnet over the Mugen back cover... does the camera continue to work? My suspicion is that Mugen will have to do more than just add a magnet.
Yes, they'll need to add a white patch for the camera shutter sensor as well.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Yes, I tried yesterday, and when the magnet is there, camera doesn't work anymore because then N900 thinks the lens cover is shut. It needs that white reflecting patch also. Rather interesting design I must say. Separate battery door would be so much better considering this is a geekphone and everyone eventually needs a bigger battery.

Well, I am using now anyway this Mugen 2400 mAh battery to see how it performs. I try to manage without the microMMC now until they send a new back cover. So far (after 16h use) seems pretty good. Chargelevel bars have gone down from 8 to 6. I will get back with this after weekend when I prolly will post some BatteryGraph snapshots.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
After first charge and 24 hours of use (some emails and web surfing via 2g/3g/wifi) it took 15% of battery life. With the original battery it would take 25-30%.

I've got it working here with a neodymium magnet and a bit of white cardboard -- strangely, Flashlight wouldn't work without the white strip for me, even before I installed the magnet.

I really hope their fix involves a lens cover (maybe sliding vertically...), but until then, it's working great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I've got it working here with a neodymium magnet and a bit of white cardboard -- strangely, Flashlight wouldn't work without the white strip for me, even before I installed the magnet.

I really hope their fix involves a lens cover (maybe sliding vertically...), but until then, it's working great.
care to share? im curious about this, i really want bigger battery..... thanks

Flashlight seems to require lens cover open, and doesn't seemclever enough to allow operation if back cover is entirely missing.