Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
...and a portrait mode concept http://imgur.com/zxnOO.jpg

Bookmarks UI is so bad that I can't think of anything to make it better at the moment

Is it possible not to pause music when new mail or sms arrives. It would be great that you just hear these notifications over the audio what you are listening.
And after the incoming call, can it resume like 5 seconds back when the pause occured, so you wouldn't miss anything.
Otherwise it is just great program, and much better for listening podcast than builtin player.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nux View Post
Is it possible not to pause music when new mail or sms arrives. It would be great that you just hear these notifications over the audio what you are listening.
And after the incoming call, can it resume like 5 seconds back when the pause occured, so you wouldn't miss anything.
Otherwise it is just great program, and much better for listening podcast than builtin player.
No, sorry - that's on-device policy. Maybe this gets partially fixed when bug 6694 is taken care of. By the way, Panucci now has its own bug tracker entry on bugs.maemo.org, in case you want to file feature requests. Filing feature requests and problems in Bugzilla makes it easier for developers to search for, proritize and solve problems than hunting through forum threads that are several pages long. Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great work.

working great on the n900, just a small issue. can't change track with the arrows. But I can live with that

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Panucci is now available in Transifex, which means that if you want, you can translate the strings in the application so that it is localized into more languages than just English:

http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/panucci/

Thanks for your help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Any chance that there will ever be variable speed playback with constant pitch for Panucci? I'd love that for my audiobooks and podcasts! It's available in Windows Media Player and the iPod (so I assume also on the iPhone). Spoken word can easily be speeded up 20 to as high as 50% on some recordings. The faster speed forces me to concentrate more and my thoughts drift away less often...

Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
Any chance that there will ever be variable speed playback with constant pitch for Panucci?
I'm going to guess that thp will ask you to fill out a feature request here.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
Any chance that there will ever be variable speed playback with constant pitch for Panucci? I'd love that for my audiobooks and podcasts! It's available in Windows Media Player and the iPod (so I assume also on the iPhone). Spoken word can easily be speeded up 20 to as high as 50% on some recordings. The faster speed forces me to concentrate more and my thoughts drift away less often...
This has been brought up before, I just can't find the thread atm. I tested all the gstreamer plugins that would actually compile in the maemo (diablo) scratchbox. It became clear that the n810 doesn't have enough processing power to run these plugins. Perhaps the n900 might, but I suspect it will run down the battery quickly.

I'm a new user of Panucci, and I'm really happy with having a audio player that doesn't forget the position in the stream!

But I have one question and one suggestion:

1. Is it possible to load a complete directory as one "entity" - I guess that would be as a playlist? If not I guess it would be trivial to make a script that creates such a playlist, if the format is described somewhere.

2. One idea I got when I was doing the dishes (yes, I do those by hand) and listening to a podcast, and my wife asked me something. So I had to stop the player that was in my pocket. By the time I had found the towel, dried my hands, taken out the N900, turned on the screen, and pressed pause, my wife was quite annoyed. So I thought it would be nice to use the accelation sensor to sense taps on the phone. E.g. one (or two taps to make it more robust) would press the start and stop button. The good thing about tapping is that you can do it without taking out the phone from the pocket.

In continuation on what I wrote last night, I found the following link that shows that the idea has been investigated:

http://delivery.acm.org/10.1145/1230...TOKEN=55728321

Last edited by dov; 2010-01-24 at 08:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by dov View Post
1. Is it possible to load a complete directory as one "entity" - I guess that would be as a playlist? If not I guess it would be trivial to make a script that creates such a playlist, if the format is described somewhere.
I would very much like to know this myself. To me it's useless for audiobooks at the moment, since all my audiobooks have 200+ files in them.

Tags
barbiestrsand