Active Topics

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Hold down the back key.
This brings everyone off from fullscreen and that's not what I want if I want to use Modest in fullscreen to have more space. That's the reason I wrote about fullscreen.

The nokias store plaintext passwords for ALL the IM accounts, network logins ( including WPA-Enterprise ), and more. So the fact that modest does it as well is not a real surprise.
... I hope they take some more ideas from Gnome people in near future (and we get Evolution too ).
So I must have two eyes on my N810 not to be stolen...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
This brings everyone off from fullscreen and that's not what I want if I want to use Modest in fullscreen to have more space. That's the reason I wrote about fullscreen.
like someone else pointed out, dont hold, just tap it.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Hmm... if I let the background app run I get internal errors, if I leave Modest open it gobbles up all the ram and cpu after about a day.

Speaking of full screen is there a way default to the limited headers?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
I use ctrl-w to close the message window.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I notice that they have a new version, 1.0-2008.12-1, available for download.

Does this fix the Internal Error problem?

Actually I got no more problems with the new version.
Version 1.0-2008.11 gave me "internal error" with an IMAP-configuration, since Version 12 it runs like a charm.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Version 12 didn't seem to check mail at first, but when it finally did I got the same internal error. The good news is that the bug where read messages (GMail IMAP) are not marked read on the server is fixed.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
Latest modest gives me "no messages to show" message when starting up and after checking mail. FYI, imap.aimi.com. Its strange because I can go to the folders section, click a different folder then click the inbox again and all the messages are there again. Is this common? Its kind of annoying...

Got the same glitch as setasai using mail.mac.com imap service with Modest 12-1 on an N800 with 2008. Inbox appears empty. Select another IMAP folder and back to Inbox and all messages are instantly present. Seems to be a display issue of some sort.

- Jim

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
seems to me with each "update" there are more issues occuring... i still cant get it to work consistently for me regardless of what email addy i use

Tags
mail modest