150 EUR(tax included), around $200.
I'm considering to buy it seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to BLC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
What do you think about this tablet?
150 EUR(tax included), around $200.
I'm considering to buy it seriously.
It is window XP. I am NOT interested. I am ONLY interested in android/linux/maemo tablet, maybe iphone if there is such thing as linux/maemo/android emulator on the iphone, HA. Mr. Jobs, you heard me, you will get my business if iphone can do that.

umm........how difficult to implement any of the above emulator on a winXP tablet?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-11-27 at 16:04.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There is an unofficial x86 port of Android, it can run on some netbooks afaik.

http://www.android-x86.org/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
And Meego is availiable also for Atom & ARM netbooks.

The Following User Says Thank You to BLC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post

The kids are home for Thanksgiving, and both dumped the eeePC and took the winXP netbooks. complaints: no software. Now I have 2 extra eeePC, I would only play with it if it can be turn into running a full linux or android.

Go back to my new toy, the a81e, the new FW 1122 is very unstable on the browser, all else seems to be ok, except surfing, it hanged. I now flashed back to petolley 1102, and all is well, except no angry birds.

I field tested on petolley 1102, using Mapdroyd, it tracked well throughout the whole trip, online is not needed. and I been on it for 12 hr, not even one crash.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The next level (lets call it level 2) of tablets introduce the Samsung Tab. It's out and after owning the Galaxy S and trying the Tab I see it is a good tablet but not really an iPad killer. Its a different form of tablet than the iPad, but even with my android-preferance I'd prefer the iPad over this.
Agree with pretty much everything you said just didn't want to quote everything.
I own GS + N900 as well and Samsung Tab to me is as far as money goes imo is not worth for anything. It's 7" screen that got the GS inside(granted Samsung have packed some great battery there) and if you go for these ~700 euros ARM tablets that are not true tablets but a phone UI and hw that's grammed to a tablet there's only one way, and that's ipad imo. It at least got huge app library taking all out of the big screen and honestly more functional UI for the tablet and great hw.

I did not get the ipad at first but actually as time have passed and these other tablets have been coming out Apple unfortunately has again been ahead of its time.
All that Apple loving aside next years 1H will be one big tablet war and i'm waiting till that so we can see UI's and hw from MeeGo, Android and Apple that actually are meant for tablets and not scaled up from phones. That's what i'm waiting till i drop ~700-800 euros to a tablet.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-11-27 at 22:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

It has a very bad performance at the moment as the project is quite stagnant and not quite optimized. Iirc this was version 1.6 which means it lacks many of the features, optimizations and UI tweeks of Eclair/Froyo as well as not supporting half of the App Market.

Originally Posted by BLC View Post
And Meego is availiable also for Atom & ARM netbooks.
I'd prefer Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04
It has a better UX in my opinion and has some better optimizations.
MeeGo is definitely compelling but really needs some more work on the performance front and if the UX is customizable ... I'd jump ship.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._10_perf&num=1

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
The kids are home for Thanksgiving, and both dumped the eeePC and took the winXP netbooks. complaints: no software. Now I have 2 extra eeePC, I would only play with it if it can be turn into running a full linux or android.

Go back to my new toy, the a81e, the new FW 1122 is very unstable on the browser, all else seems to be ok, except surfing, it hanged. I now flashed back to petolley 1102, and all is well, except no angry birds.

I field tested on petolley 1102, using Mapdroyd, it tracked well throughout the whole trip, online is not needed. and I been on it for 12 hr, not even one crash.

bun
You can install Angry Birds while the SD card is unmounted, of course it will be best if you've moved all the apps to a bigger partition. The problem is that the SD card doesn't have working secure containers in 1102-.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
It has a very bad performance at the moment as the project is quite stagnant and not quite optimized. Iirc this was version 1.6 which means it lacks many of the features, optimizations and UI tweeks of Eclair/Froyo as well as not supporting half of the App Market.
Well, I'm using the latest Froyo version at work for mobile browser testing and it is quite fast (though you need to build it from source since there's no new image since 12 august). The project is moving, just not releasing .

Well, I'm using the latest Froyo version at work for mobile browser testing and it is quite fast (though you need to build it from source since there's no new image since 12 august). The project is moving, just not releasing .
What device is it running on?
Some specs would be nice.

Tags
droid tablet, wits tablet