Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nth Carolina
Oops! Looks like it WAS a connectivity problem. N800 was only device using wireless on the router / access point. My laptop was using ethernet and connected via work vpn. The router was not set up to point to my ISP DNS servers! Not a problem for laptop, since they were getting resolved via vpn DNS. Don't ask why some sites were reachable from N800 and others not - I don't know. Anyway, got DNS server IP addresses from DSL modem and put as 'static' DNS in router - and everything works! Yeah!! N800 can now reach the world via wireless!
Skype installed in an instant......

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Just as an exercise, late last night I disconnected from my wi-fi and tapped Refresh Application List. My log was almost identical to yours.

I had expected Application Manager to report that there was no connection but it just carrried on and reported the list of errors.

Isn't that a bit dumb?

I was just about to post this but see that you have sorted the problem already. No thanks to Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
That would make sense, wifi is connected but do I need to connect specifically via Terminal? If so then it would require commands? Would you know what they are, please?

In the meantime I have dealt with the no-pub key issues for the two repos, Maemo Hackers and Tuomas Kulve , all thanks to Saluga for pointing me in the right direction
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...72postcount=10

A word of explanation for those of us sharing my pit of ignorance:-

Maemo Hackers: http://maemo-hackers.org/
Go down to Get GPG Key and download pubkey.txt
http://inz.fi/pubkey.txt

Tuomas Kulve: http://tuomas.kulve.fi/
Go to PGP and download pgp.txt
http://tuomas.kulve.fi/pgp.txt

Place the files ‘pubkey.txt’ and ‘pgp.txt’ in a suitable directory on your tablet.
Open terminal, gain root (by your own means) and navigate to the directory containing the two files.

#apt-key add pubkey.txt
#apt-key add pgp.txt

That will solve the no-pub key issues for those two repos at least.
That is great information. And (following those directions) I have silenced a few of my repro errors. My question is, how do you quiet them down for other repros? I get the same error for a few others (people.mozilla.org for example , blassey's repro) and a couple others. I have been all over that repro and I see no public key posted anywhere. Can I tell my tablet to ignore that error or is there some way to get the key? I know it doesn't effect anything, but when I am troubleshooting a problem in app-manager I dont want to see a bunch of errors that I can 'ignore' I just don't want them there...

-John

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
From what I could find at that time, there are several sources where registers of public keys are kept. In theory it should be possible to obtain the key from the public registrar and then use the 'add pubkey' method. This is my understanding but i could be wrong.

I then found that, as usual, I was making life hard for myself and that the maintainer of the repository simply make available the key on a web page.

But, from what you say, this is not necessarily always the case either.

I am not at all familiar with Linux and am happy to learn but it does get time consuming sometimes.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
I do suggest this thread to be closed.

The repository problems are not of immenent importance anymore and the posts lately discuss everything but repositories.
The posts on pubkeys are very useful, but should perhaps be located elsewhere.

It was a fine thread, now it is time for her to rest in peace

Abel.

Rebski - can you post the public keys on a separate thread please

This'll help a lot of people wondering what these gpg errors are!

Have some thanks

nm - posted it separately with kudos to you/others...

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Is this "fix" still needed in Diablo?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Is this "fix" still needed in Diablo?
No, this fix was for when the repos were down during the first OS2008 release. Thanks for the gravedig, though. :\

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No, this fix was for when the repos were down during the first OS2008 release. Thanks for the gravedig, though. :\
I assumed, as it was still pinned it was still current. I guess it need unpinning from the forum top.

Tags
extras