Active Topics

Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Poll: What do you want most for next release?
  1. Dosbox Frontend with game profiles
  2. Right mouse button support
  3. Tasklist integration and minimize support
  4. Integration of Xkbd into package (good/bad idea?)
"Tasklist integration and minimize support", definitely! It's too easy to lose DOSBox currently. "Right mouse button support" would also be nice, someday.

Don't need Xkbd, N810 keyboard will do just fine...

Hate to bring this up for the millionth time. Xkbd, how to use it with dosbox, I finally got it working on my own, installing all sorts of files from arnimS site. (I have '08 on N800) So i can start it up from Xterm typing xkbd and it will stay on as long as xterm is up, but when i go to run dosbox its all messed up, as in no letters type letters, just ! ! or something.. it's not how it should be, and I don't know what else to do now.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
xkbd used to work for me. Now even after a fresh OS2008 reflash it types "/" instead of letters unless I put on capslock.

Try turning the Caps-lock key on and it should work. Play with the shift key too for small letters. It's one of those quirky things that's not fixed yet for OS2008.

Last edited by Pushwall; 2008-02-19 at 21:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Hey thanks for the quick replies Pushwall and OSEmuTech! I rebooted it and it instantly works perfect, and in full screen for dosbox too, which I'm happy about. Now I'm going to figure out this mounting stuff. Thanks guys.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Errgh. put all yer gamezz into a subdirectoriess (folders y'all) called DOS (or 'dos') on one o' yer SD card. arrr.

Let me know what you want and i'll try to budget a night for another release. Don't ask me to make it faster though. I spent like 4 days getting this extra 5-8%.

Btw Tak's fceu NES emulator goes into pause mode when the screen blanks. That's way cool. Gonna make dosbox do that too.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Fixed. dosbox now takes arguments again.

Fixed. DOSBox now detects and automounts any directories named 'DOS' or 'dos' on your mmc1 and mmc2 starting at drive D: drives A, B and C are free to specify.
Hey Arnim thanks for the latest version. The automounting script is pretty cool. And with your latest optimizations, I was playing Apogee's Secret Agent game and is was like I had an old PC in my hands with all the cool PC game sounds it was making....wow that brought back the memories. It's amazing how fun the early Apogee scrollers are and how well they run in Dosbox. Anyway, thanks again!

Could you make it faster arnim?? Just kidding, I wish I could help ya with it. Can't just cant. I just enjoy your work. That's the best i can do. Thanks man!!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Let me know what you want and i'll try to budget a night for another release. Don't ask me to make it faster though. I spent like 4 days getting this extra 5-8%.
I mentioned this before, be will say it again in case it got overlooked.

The only big thing I'm hoping for, which shouldn't be too difficult, is to shovel the Dosbox.conf and mapper.txt file in the "Documents" default folder so it's easier for newbies to edit them using the "Notes" utility program on the Nokia.

I wouldn't mind seeing Xkbd work better on the OS 2008 upgrade, but that probably has more to do with the creator cme (I don't think he's been around for awhile now) would wrote Xkbd than anything else, so I'm really not expecting too much on that.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
The only big thing I'm hoping for, which shouldn't be too difficult, is to shovel the Dosbox.conf and mapper.txt file in the "Documents" default folder so it's easier for newbies to edit them using the "Notes" utility program on the Nokia.
Er, Notes saves to HTML . . . and breaking UNIX conventions to make things "easier" for newbies is stupid.