Active Topics

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I really don't get that part. I signed up for the "trade up", and have 60 days to send in the old one with the shipping number/info. So I figured I'd call NokiaUSA and order one, so if does get stock in the next couple months I can get my rebate and a spare N900, right? Wrong. They won't let you place an order because they have no stock. Really? I can't even get in line to give you money if you get them?

How is this franchise still in business? Does Nokia proper (not the NokiaUSA franchise) know what a crappy job their primary US sales group is doing? Why they are still allowing this operator to be their primary franchise after the mess they caused with numerous device launches is beyond me. The company I work for has cut off franchises for much less in order to retain our brand integrity. Apparently Nokia doesn't care about how it looks to the US market at all. :P

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I really don't get that part. I signed up for the "trade up", and have 60 days to send in the old one with the shipping number/info. So I figured I'd call NokiaUSA and order one, so if does get stock in the next couple months I can get my rebate and a spare N900, right? Wrong. They won't let you place an order because they have no stock. Really? I can't even get in line to give you money if you get them?

How is this franchise still in business? Does Nokia proper (not the NokiaUSA franchise) know what a crappy job their primary US sales group is doing? Why they are still allowing this operator to be their primary franchise after the mess they caused with numerous device launches is beyond me. The company I work for has cut off franchises for much less in order to retain our brand integrity. Apparently Nokia doesn't care about how it looks to the US market at all. :P
How they can send you one if they have stopped making it? Which part you didn't get?

Last edited by racky; 2010-09-10 at 22:26.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ah, I've found the emulators have a wide range of performance. And even then I think the PSP has a better emulation scene.

I don't think so, psp has no touchscreen for scummvm, has no keyboard for retro computers.... and you can always use game gripper for nes, snes, genesis, arcades..... You can even use Bt gamepads and play on tv

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
So has anyone who did the flipswap thing seen their account on nokia.flipwap.com update to at least "received" status for the phones they sent in?

My phone has been there for 5 days according to USPS but hasn't updated yet.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
I decided to be proactive about my rebate, so when asking a question to a flipswap support person, I also attempted to confirm that I will be getting $280 back. The first message's $280 segment was not acknowledged by the support guy. After sending the second message about the $280 rebate I got a reply saying there is no such $280 rebate showing on my account, and that I am not scheduled to receive any rebate amount... wtf...

I've gotten all the way to Inspected, and it shows them as owing me $295. (I had a $15 trade in phone as well). I've gotten no check or anything from them yet. I'm still waiting, but I just sent in a support question.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
I decided to be proactive about my rebate, so when asking a question to a flipswap support person, I also attempted to confirm that I will be getting $280 back. The first message's $280 segment was not acknowledged by the support guy. After sending the second message about the $280 rebate I got a reply saying there is no such $280 rebate showing on my account, and that I am not scheduled to receive any rebate amount... wtf...
I started a dispute at my bank on this thing. Flipswap has told me that my rebate $280 is verified and the check should have been issued 20th of September, then delayed by Nokia, and 2 days ago I received a message from flipswap again that Nokia had approved the rebate and the check should be printed on the 5th. Nothing since then and no updates on the flipswap webpage. Still shows as "Inspected".

My bank is digging into this and I´m not going to call them off until I´ve cashed the flipswap check and it checks out ok. This is taking ridiculously long.

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I started a dispute at my bank on this thing. Flipswap has told me that my rebate $280 is verified and the check should have been issued 20th of September, then delayed by Nokia, and 2 days ago I received a message from flipswap again that Nokia had approved the rebate and the check should be printed on the 5th. Nothing since then and no updates on the flipswap webpage. Still shows as "Inspected".

My bank is digging into this and I´m not going to call them off until I´ve cashed the flipswap check and it checks out ok. This is taking ridiculously long.
That sucks. I just got this back from a flipswap support person:

"To enter the promotion on one of our Flipswap trade-in orders, you had to enter a promotion code when you created a trade-in order. This would apply the rebate credit to the order. There was no promo code entered, so there was no rebate credit attached to this order. This is reflected on your order, which you can review for confirmation. There is nothing regarding a rebate on your order.

I am sorry, but you did not use the promotion correctly to qualify for the rebate.

Kind regards,"

Not quite sure what to write back without getting too nasty. Flipswap and Nokia aren't that closely related, right? Who should I be making my angry phone call to?

I entered the n900280 code when ordering from NokiaUSA. I don't remember anything about entering a promo code on the flipswap site, I just remember sending in phones for recycling with a proof of purchase from the new n900 purchase. Good thing I asked two separate nokiausa employees over the phone on what exactly to do to get my rebate, if it comes down to it hopefully they will review the phone calls.

Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of the promotion or details? I took one, "just in case", and now I can't find it. I started this thread , please comment in there if you have copies of the promo or details...

By the way, how did you start the process with your bank? I've never done such a thing before, but might need to.

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
That sucks. I just got this back from a flipswap support person:

"To enter the promotion on one of our Flipswap trade-in orders, you had to enter a promotion code when you created a trade-in order. This would apply the rebate credit to the order. There was no promo code entered, so there was no rebate credit attached to this order. This is reflected on your order, which you can review for confirmation. There is nothing regarding a rebate on your order.

I am sorry, but you did not use the promotion correctly to qualify for the rebate.

Kind regards,"

Not quite sure what to write back without getting too nasty. Flipswap and Nokia aren't that closely related, right? Who should I be making my angry phone call to?

I entered the n900280 code when ordering from NokiaUSA. I don't remember anything about entering a promo code on the flipswap site, I just remember sending in phones for recycling with a proof of purchase from the new n900 purchase. Good thing I asked two separate nokiausa employees over the phone on what exactly to do to get my rebate, if it comes down to it hopefully they will review the phone calls.

Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of the promotion or details? I took one, "just in case", and now I can't find it. I started this thread , please comment in there if you have copies of the promo or details...

By the way, how did you start the process with your bank? I've never done such a thing before, but might need to.
It differs between banks but most of them have pages to click on to to file disputes on the overview over your credit account.

Sometimes by clicking on the exact transaction, sometimes by a general link.

You had to enter this code n900280 in the field where you also entered the model number of the phone you were trading in.

On your flipswap statement it to mail in this would appear as:
- The phone you are trading
- The amount given back for that phone + $280

I´m sure that they won´t acknowledge one name on the flipswap paper and one on the Nokia USA order. Otherwise I´d give you one unsubmtted flipswap transaction paper that I have. I made 3 since I wasn´t sure which phone I wanted to send them and which I wanted to sell on eBay.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-10-07 at 17:14.

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
It differs between banks but most of them have pages to click on to to file disputes on the overview over your credit account.

Sometimes by clicking on the exact transaction, sometimes by a general link.

You had to enter this code n900280 in the field where you also entered the model number of the phone you were trading in.

On your flipswap statement it to mail in this would appear as:
- The phone you are trading
- The amount given back for that phone + $280

I´m sure that they won´t acknowledge one name on the flipswap paper and one on the Nokia USA order. Otherwise I´d give you one unsubmtted flipswap transaction paper that I have. I made 3 since I wasn´t sure which phone I wanted to send them and which I wanted to sell on eBay.
Great. Thank you!