Notices

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by Ossman View Post
Found the problem! Since this notification type hijacks the email stuff, you have to have "E-mail message received" under "Notification light" in the settings.
That doesn't work for me. Hmm...

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by frals View Post
It's on the list (regarding non-latin characters not being shown properly in the main view).
Yes. In sended messages symbols is Ok. But in received messages cyrillic symbols shows as boxes

i'm hoping someone can help me with my fMMS issue....

basically i have followed the video on the blog as best i can (atleast 2 new releases since the time of the vid as it states in the vid and the UI looks different to the vid.) and i have an MMS waiting for me to get in fMMS but when i try download it it won't work.

first off it started going to my home network to try download it. but this obviously won't work. it was doing this despite forcing a connection with the MMS connection. (thats possiblly an issue in itself but not as big a concern right now.)

so i disconnected the Wifi modem and forced the connection. that seemed to work. it brought up the icon to show i was connected to a 3.5g network it flashes a couple of times and then stays on. the internet connection tells me it is connected to Optus MMS APN. so i went to fMMS and tried to get the message. the second i press on the message to get it to retrive, the 3g logo vanishes and a second or 2 later the wifi logo comes up and flashes a couple times stays on, after a bit the wifi logo vanashes and it says failed to download MMS. then reconnectes to the Optus MMS.

i have been trying to work this out for the last couple of hours as i know this is working for others on here and i really don't want my missus to find out my N900 still can't send/recieve MMS and her heap of S*#& iPhone can! lol.

to help troubleshoot my settings are as follows,

i'm with Australia optus

i set up an apn and it's settings (via internet connections) are
Connection Name: Optus MMS
Connection Type: packet data
Acess point name: mms
User name: *left blank*
Password: *left blank*
(Promt password at every login box NOT checked)

under advanced the settings are

Proxies tab
Use proxy box CHECKED
HTTP proxy: 61.88.190.10
Port number: 8070
(everything else left blank or at default of 0)

IP Addresses tab
Auto-retrieve IP address box CHECKED
Auto-retrieve DNS box CHECKED

in fMMS Configuration
Your phone number: +6141*******
image size is set to: Original
Connection mode is set to: Rude

in fMMS Configure
Access point name: mms
User name: *left blank*
Password: *left blank*
Proxy: Yes
Proxy Port: 8070
MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002

this is a cut and paste of the settings on the maemo wiki

Australia Optus
•Connection Type: Packet Data
•Connection Name: Optus MMS
•Access Point Name: mms
•Username: (Leave blank)
•Password: (Leave blank)
•Use Proxy: Yes
•HTTP proxy: 61.88.190.10
•Port number: 8070
•MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002
•Your Phone Number: +614.....
(If using Nokia N900 and fMMS with optus, only polite and rude can be used as havoc will fail. As havoc cannot be used ensure that whenever you're sending and receiving MMS messages you manually change your connection to Optus MMS, change it back to Optus Internet or Wifi for browsing the internet and other services)

can anyone tell me what i have missed or what i have done wrong?

just worked it out for myself... feel like such a tosser!

my problem

i had
in fMMS Configure
Proxy: Yes

i SHOULD have had
in fMMS Configure
HTTP proxy: 61.88.190.10

i have been trying to work this out for hours! lol. even took me ages to type this post out! lol

it all seems to work fine now.

but can i maake a suggestion, for people like me this is....

change the name of proxy in the in fMMS Configure to HTTP proxy. lol.

thanks for doing this to mate! love your work!

Last edited by TLRstacker; 2010-05-15 at 06:25.

Ok!
Problem solved by call to my operator...twice...
First my operator's tech support not understood me and I was forwarded to the settings page.
On a second call I've spoke with some "real" tech support guy, which manually switched off automatic MMS-blocking to my phone.

But also big thanks to frals for patience and support!

Would fMMS be able to retrieve messages while I'm connected to wi-fi? At home I get the "MMS message recieved" notification but when I try to retrieve it I get stuck with the "attempting to download" banner. However, when I'm at work (EDGE network) I get the messages without a problem. I've also yet to successfully send an MMS message. Great strides being made though, keep up the good work!!

Originally Posted by nokiaboy97 View Post
Would fMMS be able to retrieve messages while I'm connected to wi-fi? At home I get the "MMS message recieved" notification but when I try to retrieve it I get stuck with the "attempting to download" banner. However, when I'm at work (EDGE network) I get the messages without a problem. I've also yet to successfully send an MMS message. Great strides being made though, keep up the good work!!
I'm quite certain that if you are connected via Wifi and do not use one of the Connection Modes which change your current connection (i.e. Rude or Havoc), then you won't be able to retrieve your MMS message. The MMS message are probably only available to you when you are on the actual mobile operator's network via the dedicated MMS APN.

I'm in Australia and I'm on Three. Mine is displaying a 407 Proxy Authentication Failed. On the old version of fMMS it'd work...on the new version it doesnt.

Please help!!!!

Had it working but it kept staying on the MMS connection when i went to go on the web...
..so i entered the following in the x-terminal:

/opt/fmms/fmms_config.py

Now, whenever i change the settings in fMMS it changes the settings on my Vodafone GPRS connection setting instead of the Vodafone MMS one.

Each time i change them back in internet connections it changes them in fMMS.

HELP!!!!!

OK tried the following:

In x-terminal i typed:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
It returned:
apn = 0000-0000-0000-0000
Then i entered:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/0000-0000-0000-0000
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms

Re-booted n900

Still got problem

Un-installed app, re-installed app

Still got the problem. It keeps defaulting to the GPRS connections in the configuration instead of the mms one. How to change this???????

Last edited by b15cu1t; 2010-05-18 at 13:50.

If it makes any difference I'm on Vodafone UK....

is there any way to include this in conversations? and not as a separate application?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python