not transfering the data to the car (seat leon fr 2007) i didnt try futher i will report tomorrow

I got a bit stuck following post #70, not knowing how to get the root access going but I have managed to solve that now and the steps in post #70 have been followed.

Right, time to report my findings...

I tested it with a Vauxhall built-in bluetooth system (it shows as a UHP device). I deleted the current pairing with the car and on the phone and started again.

It was sucessfully paired as usual and I tried phoning in and out but I still did not have access to the phone book, but after turning off the ignition, turning back on and most importantly, about 2 minutes wait, it showed a list of incoming calls, outgoing calls and missed calls (with names). All were completely incorrect (showing some that I had never phoned using this phone) and all three lists were exactly the same too.

I loaded the phone book and started scrolling through the names, which is great, however, I have two entries for everyone, all with their correct number, just duplicated by the two entries.

Can you believe it? I have had had no names in my phonebook ever since I got the N900 and now I get two of everyone. Still, two is better than none by far.

Now, the other issue is that for a name that has two numbers assigned to them, e.g. a mobile number and a home number, only one number gets transferred (the same number in both entries).

Anyway, patience is the key, it is all up and running within around 2 minutes of turning the key. I'm not sure that phoning in and out made any difference for me, I think it just killed the time of waiting and it would have transferred anyway.

For all those that have tried and failed with this, it may be an idea for you to try again, following the turning off procedure and waiting a few minutes before attempting to view the phonebook.

Any suggestions to these findings or how to correct these last few issues?

All in all though, great news.

Thanks to all that have assisted with this issue. It is appreciated. I'm sure one day someone will have it sorted so that it is perfect, but it is well beyond me.

Last edited by browncaravan; 2010-07-09 at 17:56.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
cd/ Phonename/Documents/PBAPfiles

Replace phonename with, by default Nokia N900.

To see what your "Phonename" is open file manager and it will be the picture of the phone at the root of the file manager. You only need to do this if you have changed it I beleive, it should be default be Nokia N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to crsnwby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
cd/ Phonename/Documents/PBAPfiles

Replace phonename with, by default Nokia N900.

To see what your "Phonename" is open file manager and it will be the picture of the phone at the root of the file manager. You only need to do this if you have changed it I beleive, it should be default be Nokia N900.
Thanks for the info, managed to work it out. see the results above. Cheers

I just tried the steps as described in post 70 with my BMW 118d (2010) and no success.
I installed the files, rebooted the phone, than went to my car and checked if contacts where there. They were not. Next step was to make an outgoing call, as this has been suggester earlier in this thread, also to no avail. Then I unpaired and repaired the devices, also without success. Last step was to restart the car and make an outgoing and incoming call, again without results.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm not an expert, but I'm centainly no noob either.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
jubr, this is interesting since I tested the latest versions with bmw X1 (2010) and it gets some of the contacts. I think the bluetooth implementation should be the same.

It would help If you could run the hcidump from the conversation and send it here. You could also compare it yourself with my dump. It is from a one generation older Bmw car kit.

Any pointers on how to install hcidump? I have all repo's active (also testing and devel), but can't seem to find the bluez-hcidump package...

edit: I didn't have the developer repo :-) I must have missed that post

Last edited by Jubr; 2010-07-10 at 10:06.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Check post #80 (page 8) on this thread

Ok, so I got a 27kb file now, but gedit can't seem to open it. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong? When I try to read the contacts with cat, I can see some contents, and a whole bunch of symbols...

edit: never mind, found out that I have to parse the file first with hcidump -r

After parsing, I only get these 4 lines:

Code:
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.42
> HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04) plen 13
< Unknown: type 0x00 len 2816
< Unknown: type 0x11 len 6655
However, when I read the file with cat, I can see some of my contacts data in the log file.

I'm going on a half hour drive in a few minutes, will run hcidump again so maybe I can get more data out of it.

Last edited by Jubr; 2010-07-10 at 10:35.

Ok, I did some more testing and now I have some more output.

It's a bit long, so I'll just add it as an attachment.
Hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip hcilog.zip (4.7 KB, 90 views)