Notices

Thanks MikeL,

I will check that out to get a better understanding. But this may be a dumb question, how did you toggle from full screen to mplayer in the header?

I do wish to do the Hamachi concept you are working with, as I saw on another forum, that you able to stream from TVersity through Hamachi using mplayer, but not through Media Streamer, yet. I will keep my fingers crossed for that when they at TVersity do their update.

So with Hamachi running in the background, in theory, then Media Streamer should be working with TVersity over a secure network. I might need to bug you on the hamachi setup when I get some time to put that together on the N770.

Cheers

Last edited by polyesterangst; 2006-09-06 at 19:02.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by polyesterangst
I do wish to do the Hamachi concept you are working with, as I saw on another forum, that you able to stream from TVersity through Hamachi using mplayer, but not through Media Streamer, yet. I will keep my fingers crossed for that when they at TVersity do their update.
Yes but even when we get TVersity working we will not be able to stream pictures and Video to the Nokia 770 using Media Streamer until a new release of Media Streamer announces these features. (However Media Streamer already works as a controller passing them to my UPnP Philips SL300i connected to TV & Hi-Fi) We will need to use mplayer for the Videos and the Opera browser to view the pictures.
Originally Posted by polyesterangst
So with Hamachi running in the background, in theory, then Media Streamer should be working with TVersity over a secure network. I might need to bug you on the Hamachi set-up when I get some time to put that together on the N770.
Yes that's about the size of it! Can you imagine having your PC in one country running TVersity and be in another country streaming all your media securely to either the Nokia 770 (A truly portable Wi-Fi device) or alternatively a UPnP Hardware player.

I am looking forward to the GUI Version of Hamachi for the Nokia 770

Can someone give me a summary list of commands for mplayer.

I am looking for any volume control or adjusting frame size. I ran a video off my mmc that I used an older version of mconvertor for N770 that works in the system video player fine, but was really quiet in mplayer, and was full screen and the screen toggle button by the power switch did not reduce the size.

Thanks,

Hello,

I've just installed mplayer and it works with avi and mp3's, but I couldn't play any test WMV mms stream.

What am I doing wrong?

Where could I find a list of supported formats/streams?

this was my test command:

mplayer 'mms://media.fastweb.it/WM9/raiclick/FMVRAI04000001062556.wmv?idCnt=35094&path=RaiClick Web^Home^Fiction^Poliziesco^IL+COMMISSARIO+MONTALB ANO#1'

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Nickster
First, become root.

Then create a new file named /usr/bin/runmplayer

$ vi /usr/bin/runmplayer

Add these lines to it and save it:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -framedrop -vo x11 -ao sdl -cache 800 "$1"
Make it globally executable.

$ chmod 0755 /usr/bin/runmplayer
Why do i have to become root to create runmplayer? Wouldnt it work, if i create the file in my home-directory?

What is the meaning of the second runmplayer in the line inserted in opera.ini?

Hi,

I suppose asx streams are not supported? E.g. http://www.omroep.nl/live/radio1-breed.asx or http://www.omroep.nl/live/radio1-smal.asx

Cheers,

Floone

Ok, so I'm now announcing MPGUI, a simple GUI frontend for MPlayer.

Read more about it here.

This of course requires you to have MPlayer installed (via the application manager).

Let me know if it works for you.

Also, Serge, I would be happy to contribute the source code of this program for inclusion in your project. Please contact me if you find this interesting.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Nice work maba! Works perfectly. Now all we need is a way to launch it from the menu and we'er pretty much set. Thanks for making this.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by =DC=
Nice work maba! Works perfectly. Now all we need is a way to launch it from the menu and we'er pretty much set. Thanks for making this.
Thanks, nice to hear.

Also, I have now made a .deb package which installs via the Application Manager and comes with a menu entry to launch it so there you go

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by maba
Thanks, nice to hear.

Also, I have now made a .deb package which installs via the Application Manager and comes with a menu entry to launch it so there you go
Wow, that was quick. Awesome! Thanks Mauricio.
3pm - So good, it's illegal